IGNORED

New igolf Neo ....looks pretty cool!

Note: This thread is 5413 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Have had one for two seasons ... love it. Simple, easy and you don't have to pay the fee each year just to use the thing. I have added many of my own points in there for the courses we play a lot ... lay-up, dog-leg, etc.

When I first researched GPS units last summer, the iGolf (now Bushnell) had the most courses in my area. Many of the other more expensive GPS units did not have some of these area courses listed.

I see Bushnell has come out with another model, in color. I wonder if the courses I downloaded for the Neo would transfer to that unit, if I bought it.

Love mine.

EDIT ... I built a small plastic holder for the belt clip that mounts onto the umbrella threads on my Sun Mountain cart. I have the GPS on that, walk up to my ball, look down, get a distance and boom, we're gone. How simple is that? Speeds up play immensly.
I make all my own clubs:
Driver: Snake Eyes Python XLD | | 3-Wood: Snake Eyes Python XL Faiway, 15*  | | Snake Eyes HT Iron Set, 3-, 4-Utility, 5-, 6-Hybrid, 7-PW Cavity Back | | Golfsmith G-40 Wedges, 52, 56, 60 | | Distance Master DM-AS2 Putter | |Ball? The last one I found ... that... was YOURS!!

I also have this and have for almost 2 years now. Overall, I'm very happy. My only complaints are with some of the courses have wrong coordinates and they took away the ability to edit the courses on my computer - they can still be edited on the device but this is not as convenient as editing them after my round on the computer (such things as custom point names, etc.) Only other very minor issue is that I wish I knew what the line was when the front-middle-back coordinates were captures. I've seen on a few holes where they are within a yard or 2 a straight line into green from fairway. That's the thing I like about the Sky Caddie with their Intelligreen feature (or whatever they call it). Gotta love the price, simplicity and the way the service works for downloading new courses.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

I like the ability to map a course on your own. I mapped the practice hole at my course, so I can walk out to the pitching area and practice 60 yd, 50 yd, etc. shots. If you don't want to pay the fee, you can map your own course(s), but for $35, it is well worth it. I would love the ability to modify courses on my PC though.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Only other very minor issue is that I wish I knew what the line was when the front-middle-back coordinates were captures. I've seen on a few holes where they are within a yard or 2 a straight line into green from fairway. That's the thing I like about the Sky Caddie with their Intelligreen feature (or whatever they call it). Gotta love the price, simplicity and the way the service works for downloading new courses.

The front, middle, back distances are only accurate from the center line of the fairway (that's in the liturature somewhere). If you get off line in the rough, that 'straight-line' feature is distorted, but the "center" distance is still accurate. If I'm not on the fairway, I only use center and adjust from there based on green size, pin placement etc.

I make all my own clubs:
Driver: Snake Eyes Python XLD | | 3-Wood: Snake Eyes Python XL Faiway, 15*  | | Snake Eyes HT Iron Set, 3-, 4-Utility, 5-, 6-Hybrid, 7-PW Cavity Back | | Golfsmith G-40 Wedges, 52, 56, 60 | | Distance Master DM-AS2 Putter | |Ball? The last one I found ... that... was YOURS!!

I'm very happy with my igolf neo as well. Keep it mind it does NOT tell you how many yardage to the apex of the dogleg, nor does it tell you the yardage to fairway bunkers. Very simple and easy to use and battery lasts a long time.
DRIVER∙∙∙∙∙∙ G10 10.5°
5-WOOD∙∙∙∙ G10 18.5°
3-HYBRID∙∙ G10 21°
IRONS∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙ G10 4-PW
WEDGES∙∙∙∙ CG 14 52°, 56°, 60°PUTTER∙∙∙∙∙∙ Studio Select Newport 2BALL∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙ Nike One Black

I'm very happy with my igolf neo as well. Keep it mind it does NOT tell you how many yardage to the apex of the dogleg, nor does it tell you the yardage to fairway bunkers. Very simple and easy to use and battery lasts a long time.

yes it does and if it is not in the unit it is a 10 second fix. on most doglegs there is a EOF distance. eof meaning end of fairway

I was thinking that the distance to Front/Back on this unit was from where you are standing to that point in a straight line.

No, what they've done is loaded the "actual" GPS coordinates for the center of the green; that's always a point on the earth no matter where you stand. Then, to get front and back, they dimensioned the greens (from satelite photos, I've read) and add or subtract the distance from the center. If you're off line then, the front/back dimensions become skewed.

I make all my own clubs:

i ordered one of these last night. i can't wait for it to arrive.

Hibore Driver
Burner Steel 3 Wood
Rescue Mid Hybrid
mp 52s
54* and 60* Spin Milled Wedges Craz-e Putter Bag Cart Neo gps

Di anyone consider the Sonnocaddie v100?

Í set on buying the iGolf, but when I saw the sonocaddi, I had to take a minute to think about it. The V100 gives far more points on interes on the course, and I thinks it's $20 per year with 100 course limit. No need to renew to keep unit working.

It seems prety interesting...
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

No, what they've done is loaded the "actual" GPS coordinates for the center of the green; that's always a point on the earth no matter where you stand. Then, to get front and back, they dimensioned the greens (from satelite photos, I've read) and add or subtract the distance from the center. If you're off line then, the front/back dimensions become skewed.

That could certainly explain a few things. Thanks for the heads up.

I was primarily interested in the Neo since so many people here were raving about theirs. It is a nice unit for a good price.

- Shane

I played my first round with my new neo. It was a really nice golfing experience. I love being able to calculate how far I hit each of my shots. I'm not sure what I like more, the neo or my new clicgear cart.

Hibore Driver
Burner Steel 3 Wood
Rescue Mid Hybrid
mp 52s

Where's the best/cheapest place to buy?

I bought mine new on ebay for just under $130 from the seller "golfplusgps"

Hibore Driver
Burner Steel 3 Wood
Rescue Mid Hybrid
mp 52s

• Administrator
Whoops. Accidentally deleted the thread while trying to remove the useless attachment at the beginning. Thread restored now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Whoops. Accidentally deleted the thread while trying to remove the useless attachment at the beginning. Thread restored now.

That would explain the strange dreams that something was missing in my life.

Does anyone have a link or know what all the pre-programmed point abbreviations are for? ex.-RGB I assume means Right Greenside Bunker, but is that front or back?

- Shane

That would explain the strange dreams that something was missing in my life.

I found these online when I first got mine and printed them off. I carry them in my bag just in case:

What do the provided custom point abbreviations stand for? LFB - Left Fairway Bunker MFB - Middle Fairway Bunker RFB - Right Fairway Bunker LFW - Left Fairway Water Lay Up LFWC - Left Fairway Water Carry MFW - Middle Fairway Water Lay Up MFWC - Middle Fairway Water Carry RFW - Right Fairway Water Lay Up RFWC - Right Fairway Water Carry FGB - Front Green Bunker RGB - Right Green Bunker LGB - Left Green Bunker BGB - Back Green Bunker RGW - Right Green Water FGWC - Front Green Water Carry FGW - Front Green Water Layup LGW - Left Green Water BGW - Back Green Water CRK - Creek Lay Up CRKC - Creek Carry EOF - End of Fairway
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

I found these online when I first got mine and printed them off. I carry them in my bag just in case:

Thanks for posting these, I have been really happy with the Neo, but was always nervous guessing at some of the abreviations

Note: This thread is 5413 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!