IGNORED

Myrtle beach courses?

Note: This thread is 2827 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Any recommendations for golf courses in myrtle beach? I've done man o' war and it was gorgeous! so not sure if any of the others can top it, but I do like to see new spots when travelling. Thanks :)

True Blue, Caledonia, Pawley's Plantation, Litchfield are all courses I played and liked.  Are you going to the north or south side of Myrtle Beach?

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

South. Are they all as lush and forested as man o war? We actually seen a tonne of deer there along the outside border with probably 5 different bird species in and by the gorgeous ponds.

I never played Man o War but they are pretty lush.  Have to watch out for alligators more than deer though.  

Joe Paradiso

When are you heading down?

I'd expect all of the greens to have recovered from the first round of aerations by now (check and make sure they're not doing a second round when you're traveling).    You're about a month out from the usual punch time.  

The courses should be in pretty good summer shape at this point.  You may notice a few burnt spots here and things slightly left longer than usual due to the heat but it's prime bermuda growing weather so if the course is getting enough water, it should be taking off.    The southside courses should have good wildlife, that whole area is a serious of inlets, etc and anything's going to be flocking to bases of water at this point.

Expect it to be hot and humid if you're coming in the next couple of weeks,  we're in the nasty part of the summer now.  If you brave the heat and play mid-day or early afternoon, you should have a less than packed course.  

The Myrtle Beach Golf region is divided into the North, Central and South zones. The web site below is used by several MB golf agencies to coordinate online greens fees.

http://www.myrtlebeachgolf.com/courses

You have about 70 courses in the region. Hunt around and see what you like. Here are reviews I did on MB courses this spring:

(Note: Willbrook and MBN West are challenging courses, but have forward tees very friendly to women.)

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Wow guys, thanks for all the info! I'm going mid-august and hoping to do at least 1 round a couple times during the week. We preferred early evening last time to try and beat some of the crazy heat. Pricing doesn’t matter...i expect they'd all be pricey. 70 courses! wow. I knew there were a lot in the area, but didn't expect that. Thanks again for all the advice :)

On 7/26/2016 at 7:06 PM, ALS8 said:

... Pricing doesn’t matter...i expect they'd all be pricey. ... 

Not necessarily. Quite a few come in for $50 or less (cart included) on weekdays - if you order ahead. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Note: This thread is 2827 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!