IGNORED

Low Handicapper - Toe misses

Soopa10
Note: This thread is 2800 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello --

First post after I usually  just casually read through these forums.

I bounce from a 3 to a 6 handicap, and every season I seem to hit the same wall in August and I usually take time off for a few weeks and come back in fall. 

This year is much of the same. After playing well all season, my "big miss" is back with my driver...the never-playable snap hook. When I'm not snap hooking, I'm missing wide right while overcompensating. My irons/wedges remain consistent. I have noticed when I do miss with my irons it's 95% off the toe - not sure if it's related in any way to my driver swing.

Anybody else get in this slump and successfully claw your way out? I've been all around the web and youtube...I feel like nothing is really relating to my misses. I've tried to work on keeping everything more compact...using the headcover-under-the-right-armpit drill and a few things like that. Some rounds I feel great, and others I feel like I encounter a massive power outage with all my distances trying to keep my right elbow pinned down.

Any tips or useful links would be great.

Thanks!

-TC

I'm not in any position to offer swing advice, but I think if you have one major problem then the solution may be as simple as going to a coach to get an external view or even just filming yourself if you haven't tried that. Sometimes what it feels like you're doing and what you're actually doing are two completely different things.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Soopa10 said:

Hello --

I bounce from a 3 to a 6 handicap, and every season I seem to hit the same wall in August and I usually take time off for a few weeks and come back in fall. 

This year is much of the same. After playing well all season, my "big miss" is back with my driver...the never-playable snap hook. When I'm not snap hooking, I'm missing wide right while overcompensating. My irons/wedges remain consistent. I have noticed when I do miss with my irons it's 95% off the toe - not sure if it's related in any way to my driver swing.

Anybody else get in this slump and successfully claw your way out? I've been all around the web and youtube...I feel like nothing is really relating to my misses. I've tried to work on keeping everything more compact...using the headcover-under-the-right-armpit drill and a few things like that. Some rounds I feel great, and others I feel like I encounter a massive power outage with all my distances trying to keep my right elbow pinned down.

Thanks!

-TC

That is exactly the same misses I have with my driver when things go south.  For me, at least, these misses come when my back swing gets too flat, which causes me to push waaaay right or over compensate on the downswing by flipping my wrist causing snap hooks. 

I've been working on a more consistent backswing (as in having the butt of the club trace the straight line towards the target during my back swing).

When I forget to do that, my driver goes south...

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, Soopa10 said:

Hello --

Thanks!

-TC

I recommend you post your swing. We can take a look and give you some suggestions. Without a video everyone here is guessing what is wrong. 

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2800 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!