IGNORED

My Swing (sethi52)

sethi52
Note: This thread is 2772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi.

I'm 15, and I've been playing golf for almost a year.

Here in Canada it's hard to practice in the winter for obvious reasons, so technically I've had 4 months of solid golf I've played.

I can consistently shoot in the 90's, but I'm still trying to learn the basics and fundamentals of golf.

The biggest fault in my play is my drive. If I hit a solid drive, I usually par/bogey the hole. But if I lead off with a horrible slice into the bushes, then it will be a triple (usually).

I have attached a YouTube video of my swing down below. If I hit it well, it can go around 240-250.

Go easy on me :) I'm still learning the game and I can tell by looking at the video that there are a lot of faults with it.

The main thing I think is that I'm not getting my arms high enough on the backswing and I'm swinging it almost like an iron.

I'd appreciate any thoughts/critiques, on how to fix it.

Thanks 

• Administrator

Make some good changes to your setup, too.

And… https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, sethi52 said:

What other things are wrong with the swing? 

You are swinging the club backwards. No, I don't mean the left handed thing, I mean that an ideal swing would be a steep backswing and a shallow downswing. You are shallow going back and super steep coming down. Here is a good thread to read up on.

Michael

21 hours ago, mchepp said:

You are swinging the club backwards. No, I don't mean the left handed thing, I mean that an ideal swing would be a steep backswing and a shallow downswing. You are shallow going back and super steep coming down. Here is a good thread to read up on.

Thanks for the tips.

I went to the range today and tried to shallow my swing a bit.

It's still pretty steep but it's improved a little I guess.

It looks like a slice but if you look at my feet I'm actually aimed there (I know, I have to fix this too)

• Administrator

The right angles - and consistent angles - are important: https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!