IGNORED

Jesse Ortiz's Last Hurrah

Note: This thread is 2943 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, not really, but I believe that Jesse Ortiz's last contribution prior to leaving Orlimar Gof was his designing the  Tri-Metal Hip Ti Driver.  I have owned the tri-metal miraged fairway woods in the past and really liked them. Their low profile design was revolutionary at the time.  The Hip Ti has had some pretty good reviews as well and just for the heck of it, I ordered one on e-bay. I prefer the smaller head size and this one at 340cc should suit me well.  The Orlimar Company was bought  by King Par (or something like that) and are still producing drivers with the Orlimar name, but I do not think the quaility is near as good as the originals when Jesse ran the company founded by his father.  As most know, Jesse now is with Bobby Jones Golf and he is still designing great clubs.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You started with a scary headline. Good to know that Jesse O is still alive!

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

12 hours ago, WUTiger said:

You started with a scary headline. Good to know that Jesse O is still alive!

Yah, I was mostly referring to his having introduced the Hip Ti just before leaving Orlimar. Incidentally, the club I ordered today arrived and it looks great! Even better than I expected. I got it on ebay from seller www.MrTopesGolf.com They (he) will also buy your clubs. Very pleased with the service. His location is Palm Desert California.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

I remember the Orlimar fairway woods, which were extremely popular 10 years ago on the Senior Tour.

A friend of mine got an Orlimar 3, 5 and 7 wood used when he started playing golf about 2008. As a note, it's only the last couple of year I've seen the Orlimar FWs show up in used club bins. The original owners kept them for a long time.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Yes, I had three of those miraged FW with the low profile. Up until now, I had not seen the drivers which have a more or less standard face. The 340cc is very similar to the TM R-7 Limited with its shape a bit triangular.  I took out to the course today and it felt pretty darned good and will improve as I get used to it. I am fairly certain it has a 2 deg closed face. In any event I hit every fairway I used it on except one and that was only because I found a tree limb. Pity too, as I really crushed that one and it would have been my best drive of the day.( well, it felt like it anyhow). I sold the FW woods last year and regret having done so, but the old gent who bought them was thrilled at the deal I gave him. I believe I charged him $40 for all three and even threw in a Cleveland Belly Putter which was practically new.

"James"

Note: This thread is 2943 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!