IGNORED

My Swing (MrTom)

MrTom
Note: This thread is 2781 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 6 months seriously.
My current handicap index or average score is: 28 or as high as it can go.
My typical ball flight is: inconsistent at the moment but my teacher is a stack and tilt instructor so we're shooting for a push draw.
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Fat! Hate grounding before the ball!!

Ok so I'm working nights and found a room where I can lock myself away at break time. I'm hitting a soft ball flat knacker against the wall to make sure I don't go lightly.

I work in a press shop so steel toe caps covered in oil on a painted floor = no grip but I'm keen to get torn a new one by you guys.

Cheers.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On September 9, 2016 at 10:37 PM, MrTom said:

I've been Playing Golf for: 6 months seriously.
My current handicap index or average score is: 28 or as high as it can go.
My typical ball flight is: inconsistent at the moment but my teacher is a stack and tilt instructor so we're shooting for a push draw.
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Fat! Hate grounding before the ball!!

Ok so I'm working nights and found a room where I can lock myself away at break time. I'm hitting a soft ball flat knacker against the wall to make sure I don't go lightly.

I work in a press shop so steel toe caps covered in oil on a painted floor = no grip but I'm keen to get torn a new one by you guys.

Cheers.

Welcome to The Sand Trap. Not a bad swing at all! Many good elements. Below is a screen shot of you at set up and top of backswing. Notice how much your hips have shifted back and how you are almost leaning toward the target. Your teacher should be helping your make a more centered hip turn. When you shift back like this, it is harder to get your weight all the way forward and can affect the downswing path. Check out the thread below.

Also, browse around the site. We would love to have you engage in the rest of the forum.

MrTom.jpg

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Hi Boogie,

thank you for the kind words and going to all that effort. Yeah I totally agree watching back, my left knee seems to be clasping inwards causing  my lower body to sway.

I've been really struggling to get any hipslide on the downswing as I've always been self taught and been an all arms swing until I started my lessons a few months back. Firing the hips towards target and clearing them seems impossible at the moment. I think that sway in the hips is me trying to engage them so I can throw them forward if that makes sense? I guess an bit like doing a hula hoop motion...

I've been round the forum and read a lot before I signed up this thread is amazing :

Sand Trap hip slide

I just don't feel I have anything of value to ad as noob at the moment but I'm sure that will change with time. 

Thanks again

Hi @MrTom

I second Boogie on this. One thing that could possibly help right away is working on getting your lead (left) knee to go out towards your toes on the backswing instead of back and in. That should help eliminate that weird forward lean. 

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Brilliant, thanks Ernest. 

I'll give that a shit at the range tomorrow or a see if I can dodge the gaffers at work and get some time in the secret room. 

So how far am I from Ben Hogan then? 

:-D

22 hours ago, MrTom said:

Brilliant, thanks Ernest. 

I'll give that a shit at the range tomorrow or a see if I can dodge the gaffers at work and get some time in the secret room. 

So how far am I from Ben Hogan then? 

:-D

Still a ways to go. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• iacas changed the title to My Swing (MrTom)
Note: This thread is 2781 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!