IGNORED

My Swing (Djamhour)

Djamhour
Note: This thread is 2760 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: A month, practiced maybe 20 times in that much. Range maybe 10 times and tons of practice swings and drills at home. 
My current handicap index or average score is: first time playing before I got serious 157
My typical ball flight is: Fat and push shots 
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Fat and push shots. Hit a lot of ground right before ball and open face ball goes right. Definitely not playable

I was told by many that I have a pretty good swing, especially for a beginner. Not perfect but doing a lot of things right, and still needs a few finishing touches. I do notice my swing pattern goes in to out and club face is open at contact. Pushing the ball but not slicing. What can I do to help? Drills, thoughts, feels? Any and all tips are appreciated!

Videos: 

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid395.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fpp32%2Fnfl_sf49ers%2FGolf%2F05230340-88E2-4FBF-A27D-D658839B0F2D_zpsrfiho69r.mp4">

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid395.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fpp32%2Fnfl_sf49ers%2F05230340-88E2-4FBF-A27D-D658839B0F2D_zpsrfiho69r.mp4">

Here's a quick video of the swing:

I hit about 150 balls yesterday and about 90% of them were mostly fat shots, with open club face. The ball flight was mostly short high shots that went way right. Some went further but a lot were maybe 30-40 degrees to the right of my target. 

Thanks for any input 

By the way I worked on keeping head more stable and not going down on backswing but Didnt record it because phone died after taking this first video. And still similiar results, shots not as fat. But still way right of target line with open face 

Edited by Djamhour

I hit about 150 balls yesterday and about 90% were in to out swing with an open club face. The ball flight was mostly short high shots that went way right. Had so many fat shots. Some went further but a lot were maybe 30-40 degrees to the right of my target with very little distance.

Thanks for any input 

The biggest thing for you is to keep golfing!! I am newer to golfing as well, coming from a baseball background. I absolutely sucked right away. I just continued to play and watched youtube instructional videos! Biggest thing that helped me with my own swing (which is still a tremendous work in progress) is hitting down on the ball with irons and taking a divot *after* the impact of the ball. Some great youtubers I'd highly recommend watching are meandmygolf, rick shiels pga, and mark crossfield. 

Don't get discouraged! As you continue to just hit balls, you'll naturally get better to the point where some of the fine tuning tips a lot of the golf wizards on here give will be more applicable and make more sense. 

Best of luck and happy golfing!

:titleist: 913D2 

:ping: i 4-PW white dot

:titleist: Vokey 50*, 54*, and 58*

:odyssey: White Hot #7

Hard to tell from the angle alone, but you are definitely suffering some lateral head movement toward the target during your swing. This is a must not-have. All great players keep their heads moving still or even moving backwards during the downswing (don't try to move it backwards, but it could be a good feel).

That's about all I can feel confident in saying from that angle, but it's a big death move. Can't move your head toward the target, because it pushes your swing path right (as it's your body's way of trying to fix steepness), and causes you to lose your spine tilt away from the target. 

Andrew M.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

New videos, side and front slow motion, and some regular speed,  sorry for the quality. This was with my 5 iron. I didn't got leave any "divots" on any swing. Just can't seem to get a divot at all now. 

Thanks for the help

Note: This thread is 2760 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!