IGNORED

Mizuno Help

Vinny Cap
Note: This thread is 2752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

17 hours ago, rehmwa said:

I understand the 'ugly' about the JPX - too busy.  the 900s look a lot better.

MP5 is pretty aggressive - especially if buying new.  If you can, try to hit the 53 or 54 - really nice.

regardless, we're all different - use what feels good for you.  good luck

I like the look of the 54's better out of the two.  Will have to see if they have any new or used.

Thanks and I will let you know how I make out.

11 hours ago, Brian W said:

I have not ever heard of the JPX as ugly clubs unless you are talking about the EZ line.  I like the way they look at address but I guess I can understand the vast difference if you are used to the MP lines.

Sorry, maybe not all of the JPX line.  I dont like the Orange color on the EZ line or the Blue on the 850's.  The 900's dont have any color so they are the better of the bunch.

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, Vinny Cap said:

Sorry, maybe not all of the JPX line.  I dont like the Orange color on the EZ line or the Blue on the 850's.  The 900's dont have any color so they are the better of the bunch.

I have the 850 pro which are black and silver.  I kind of like the lack of colors on irons so I am with you for sure.  I just really like how they look at address

Had a set of the MP 54's.  Great clubs but did not offer the forgiveness and distance I was hoping for. Currently looking at the new JPX900's.  Beautiful design and based on the reviews are great performing clubs.  

I used to play Mizuno MP32's and liked them a lot before switching (Titleist MBs). I hit the MP5s and wasn't a big fan of them, the weight seemed off to me for some reason and the short irons seemed to have pretty large faces. If I were to take another look at Mizunos I'd check out the JPX 900 tours but that's assuming cost isn't a major factor.

I ended up buying some MP 67's, barley used... looked almost brand new!  Should get them today.  Wanted to try them out tomorrow but everyone is tied up.  Might try to go out as a single.  (Never done that before)

If I dont get to hit the course I will go to the driving range for sure to hit a bucket and try them out.

Thanks for sharing your stories!

Good luck - I need to post my JPX SW and LW in the marketplace soon too.  67's should be fun to use

Bill - 

I just sold a set of MP-25s for a set of JPX 900F irons. You would be surprised on how close the head size is between the two. The JPX is more forgiving and feels great, preforms great, and looks great. 

Well I finally got to hit my MP-67s and man are they sweet!

I didn't get to hit them on the range, straight to the course as most of the ranges up here are closing.  I was a little worried as I have never hit the irons and don't like to just go out and play with a new set but that's what I did.

I hit most of the irons and they were going rocket straight or had a nice little draw to them.  The long irons had a nice flight to them and they rolled out nice.  The short irons had a nice high flight and were checking up and even spun back a few times.  The wedge was awesome.  Every shot was spot on with full, 3/4 and 1/2 shots.

The odd part here is that the lofts on my Mizuno's are less than my Miura's but I was hitting the ball further and had to drop down a club for a lot of shots.  This happened after a few holes and I was getting use to the clubs.  One would think it would be the other way around... lower lofts would mean club up not down.... right?  Its not like I was swinging out of my shoes.  I was swinging like I always do.  They both have Dynamic Gold S300 shafts in them but the Mizuno shafts are spine aligned.  Can that make that much of a difference?

no - lower loft is longer flight (mostly)

all is well and it makes sense

glad they feel good

Bill - 

40 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

no - lower loft is longer flight (mostly)

all is well and it makes sense

glad they feel good

Arrrrg, sorry, I meant higher.  Was multitasking and messed up both tasks!

Below are the stats for both.  This happened after a few holes with both the 5 and 6 irons.  the 5's only have 1 degree difference and the 6's have 2degree differences.  I didnt hit the 8 yesterday but after having to club down for those two I had made the adjustments and hit 9 and W in spots where I would have hit 8 and 9.  Strange.

Miura MC 102's   Mizuno MP 67's  
Club: Loft: Club: Loft:
3i 21° 3i 22°
4i 24° 4i 25°
5i 27° 5i 28°
6i 30° 6i 32°
7i 34° 7i 36°
8i 38° 8i 40°
9i 42° 9i 44°
W 47° W 48°

Note: This thread is 2752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!