IGNORED

Argh...Hybrids

Note: This thread is 5982 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok, contrary to, well, everyone, i cant seem to hit hybrids. i hit my 5, and 3 woods very well, and i can hit decent irons, but i cantg seem to get a hybrid figured out. i have tryed some adams, tm rescue, and a nickent 3dx. they all feel fine, but always get crappy resuslts...f

so, i am going to look into a more iron like hybrid. have my eye on the titleist 503 H, its just an oversized iron.....any other ideas on iron like ones?

thanks, brian

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

Ok, contrary to, well, everyone, i cant seem to hit hybrids. i hit my 5, and 3 woods very well, and i can hit decent irons, but i cantg seem to get a hybrid figured out. i have tryed some adams, tm rescue, and a nickent 3dx. they all feel fine, but always get crappy resuslts...f

Tryout the Tour Edge QL Jmax Iron wood hybrid and see what you think.

In My Grom Stand Bag:

Driver:
Big Bertha 460 Graphite 10°
Woods: Big Bertha 3&5 Graphite
Hybrid: r7 Rescue 19° Irons: 06 Big Bertha #4-SWPutter: 35 in. Rossie Mallet *Soon to be Bettinardi C03H 34"Ball: ProV1x

Have you tried Cobra? I love mine.

If you can't get a hybrid working, but can hit your fairway woods well, consider a 7-Wood or 9-Wood to replace the 3 and/or 4 irons. Some folks, I hear, are skipping the hybrids and doing driver, 4-wood, 7-wood, and then 4-PW.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

+1 on the cobra bafflers. my dad loved his so much, he got a 2nd one. and im looking to get my first within the next week. just gotta make sure to swing it like an iron, like take a divot and all that. very high trajectory and comes down softly.

HS9 10.5 reg shaft ys5.6
Big Bertha Steel Heads 3 &5 woods
Carbon CB PW-5i
baffler 20* 4i
Vokey wedge 54* White Hot # 1 KARMA balls for winter"maybe if we all stopped analyzing and thinking so much about this GAME, we'd have time to play this GAME like a GAME is supposed to be PLAYED. ...

I had the same problem, then started to think(swing) of my hybrid as more of an iron(a mental thing?) and then I started hitting it great.

Think, long iron easy swing... it worked for me

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

maybe have a pro take a look at your hybrid swing first?
my friend was swing his hybrid like a driver that's why he couldn't get good results.
once the pro pin pointed the problem, he's cured instantly.

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

You're not the only one, believe me. I couldn't hit a hybrid even if my early retirement fund, my golf bag, and my mother's life were all on the line. I can do just about anything imaginable, and my 3 iron is one of my better clubs in the bag.

I get either a super thin shot (sometimes an ugly topper) or a weak push that travels about 150 yards. Unfortunately every hybrid I've tried produces those results.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Laxplayer-
you say you can hit your 3&5 woods great, but not your hybrids. This tells me you are trying to swing your hybrid like a fairway wood (just a guess). The key to hitting a good hybrid is swinging it just like your irons... a descending blow, trying to take a divot vs trying to pick it clean off the fairway.

David
Discount Clone Golf Clubs

mate i couldn't hit a decent long iron all day last week. for the first time in my life i had the shanks. every time i picked up my 3 and 4 irons i just tried to swing em too hard and it went no where. then my life saving grace. my friend let me use his taylormade dual rescue hybrid. from there on in, i couldn't hit a bad shot with the hybrid. i would totally recommend this club and i will probably buy one after christmas when i earn some money. I believe the trick is to not swing too hard and just to stroke it down the fairway.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Mizuno makes an oversized long iron/hybrid: MP Fli Hi (I think). I've had both the 2 and 3 irons, and liked them. They are forged and look like the MP-60 or MP-57 on steroids.

Driver: FT-3 Tour 10.5, Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 75-S
FW: Insight XTD Pro FP400F 14.5, Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ FW Stiff
Hybrids: G10 18 / 21, AWT Stiff
Irons: Steelhead X-14 PS 4-A, DG S300
Wedge: Vokey SM58.12Putter: 35" Studio Design 1.5Ball: B330, Z Star X or AD333, or D2 Feel...

Note: This thread is 5982 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!