Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
iacas

Classic NES Available 11/11

Note: This thread is 1158 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

45 posts / 4411 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, Abu3baid said:

I saw the wireless controller selling for $20... isnt the system for like $60?

It wasn't in stock yet, but you could pre-order it for Dec..

 

Where did you see the pre-order? They showed in stock yesterday but wouldn't allow you to order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, TN94z said:

Where did you see the pre-order? They showed in stock yesterday but wouldn't allow you to order.

I saw it on amazon.  I just checked back and it seems they removed it from pre-order.  I'm going to assume enough people pre-ordered it that it's not available anymore.. wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, Abu3baid said:

I saw it on amazon.  I just checked back and it seems they removed it from pre-order.  I'm going to assume enough people pre-ordered it that it's not available anymore.. wow.

I've looked at Amazon's page every day for the past few weeks and never saw a preorder.

I guess another country's Amazon might have goofed. Nobody took preorders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 11/13/2016 at 7:14 AM, iacas said:

I've looked at Amazon's page every day for the past few weeks and never saw a preorder.

I have too with the same results

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I now no longer know if I want it. $59.99 is one thing, constantly having to check to see if it's available (it's not) and then needing to buy extension cords for both controllers… meh.

Nintendo ****ed this up, royally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 hours ago, iacas said:

Still not available anywhere. My brother-in-law works at Wal-Mart and still hasn't been able to get one for me.

WTF?

Yeah it's a joke. I still see guys on craiglist trying to sell them for triple the retail price. I know Nintendo has a bad history of under supplying products but this one takes the cake. Better off just buyong the controllers and finding a few ROMs online or purchase an Everdrive if you really want to utilize the original hardware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, SavvySwede said:

I know Nintendo has a bad history of under supplying products but this one takes the cake. 

This is true. My business partner is a big gamer and he commented as much. Nintendo is also launching an entirely new system this year, I think that is consuming a lot of their resources. 

I have two classic NES systems, but they are bulky and the connector pin reliability is a challenge. I am still hoping to get my hands on the reissued system, one day. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 minutes ago, Kalnoky said:

This is true. My business partner is a big gamer and he commented as much. Nintendo is also launching an entirely new system this year, I think that is consuming a lot of their resources. 

I have two classic NES systems, but they are bulky and the connector pin reliability is a challenge. I am still hoping to get my hands on the reissued system, one day. 

 

From what I understand the original NES's issues will often stem from the anti piracy chip which has trouble recognizing the game if the cartridge gets even a little bit dirty. You can mod the system so it doesn't have that issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1158 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...