IGNORED

TPC Myrtle Beach

Denny Bang Bang
Note: This thread is 2592 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Would be interested to get opinions on TPC Myrtle Beach from those who have played it.  What do you think?  Any better suggestions within 40 minutes of the airport (this round will be the same day we depart)?

I'm organizing a March Madness get away this coming March.  We're already playing Caledonia, and Long Bay (both of which I've played before and enjoyed).  Trying to decide on the 3rd course for our final day.

Much appreciated

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

I played TPC Myrtle a couple of years ago in March and it was not good. The course was in poor condition. We snagged a good rate on GolfNow but we got what we paid for. 

I highly recommend The Witch. It was packed (a good sign) and was a great track. We played late afternoon when the crowds died down. 

• Upvote 1

- Mark

7 hours ago, Braivo said:

I played TPC Myrtle a couple of years ago in March and it was not good. The course was in poor condition. We snagged a good rate on GolfNow but we got what we paid for. 

I highly recommend The Witch. It was packed (a good sign) and was a great track. We played late afternoon when the crowds died down. 

Thanks for sharing your experience.  TPC seems like it's rated well, but some of the images I've seen and the flyover on YouTube did not look great, hence the question/post.

I've booked the trip since the original post, but we do have the ability to swap out courses for a while still.  I'll check out The Witch as a replacement option for TPC while looking at alternatives.

I have had good experiences with TPC - it is a tough golf course but good one.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

2 hours ago, Lefty-Golfer said:

Yeah, it was a challenging track. I hope that perhaps I just caught the course at a bad time of year maintenance wise. I'll have to give it another go at a better time of year. 

- Mark

14 hours ago, Lefty-Golfer said:

11 hours ago, Braivo said:

Yeah, it was a challenging track. I hope that perhaps I just caught the course at a bad time of year maintenance wise. I'll have to give it another go at a better time of year. 

Hmm, Maybe I'll consider taking one for the team, and let you guys know what shape it's in this time around.

When we played the southern end our lineup was

Caledonia, Dunes Club, True Blue, Willbrook, TPC, and Prestwick.

The Dunes club and Caledonia are the best courses on the strand BY FAR in my opinion, we used to play them every trip regardless of where we were staying.  

• Upvote 1

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

14 hours ago, Lefty-Golfer said:

When we played the southern end our lineup was

Caledonia, Dunes Club, True Blue, Willbrook, TPC, and Prestwick.

The Dunes club and Caledonia are the best courses on the strand BY FAR in my opinion, we used to play them every trip regardless of where we were staying.  

Thanks for sharing your go to courses.  This only my second time to MB, but I would agree Caledonia is a must play.  I'll check out the others you listed as well.

• 2 months later...

@Braivo @Lefty-Golfer Well, I'm back from my trip.  I wanted to share that TPC was in great condition, and I did enjoy the experience.  Nice clubhouse, amenities, and golf.  Thanks again for sharing your thoughts, thought the least I could do is share a follow up.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Denny Bang Bang said:

@Braivo @Lefty-Golfer Well, I'm back from my trip.  I wanted to share that TPC was in great condition, and I did enjoy the experience.  Nice clubhouse, amenities, and golf.  Thanks again for sharing your thoughts, thought the least I could do is share a follow up.

great to hear! I'll add it back to my list next time I visit. 

- Mark

Note: This thread is 2592 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!