IGNORED

2017 MLB Thread

Groucho Valentine
Note: This thread is 2514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 6/2/2017 at 5:42 PM, JonMA1 said:

I haven't been paying much attention to baseball, but it looks like NL Central is about as competitive as the AL Central so far - which is to say that even though neither teams is winning, they're both just a few games out.

It's a long season and I'm not ready to give up, but the Tigers seem to just be going through the motions right now... not a lot of energy.

A staggering level of mediocrity to be sure. Just getting a pitcher thru five innings seems good for Cincy these days. The bullpen is pretty decent, but they are wearing those boys out. 

Hopefully, Finnegan, DeSclafani and maybe even Bailey eventually return from DL, For now the Reds are 29th in team ERA.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In Detroit we had the opposite for years. Good starting pitching and terrible relief. This year it seems a bit better so far - though I haven't looked at the stats.

The thing about baseball is that a team not loaded with an over abundance of talent can still win. It sometimes comes down staying in the hunt and getting hot at the right time.

At least that's what fans of mediocre teams tell ourselves in June.

Jon

So in the history of the C-Reds, the only man to hit four homers in one game is named Scooter.

Not that I'd think the Cardinals would be so generous, but boy was that pitch on his fourth a meat ball. 

Note: This thread is 2514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!