IGNORED

Solar Golf carts?

Lihu
Note: This thread is 2622 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 1/20/2017 at 8:46 PM, Denny Bang Bang said:

Battery and solar technology is better and cheaper than it was, even than just a few years ago.  Not saying that everyone will want to, or need to, go the solar... but it's cheaper and more viable today than it has been in the past

This is part of the problem. The "solar advocates" only compare that technology to itself. They don't dare compare solar to charging using the grid or burning "so called" fossil fuels. Why? Because it can't compare! Neither in initial cost or efficiency.

19 hours ago, gregsandiego said:

If I read the ad correct it costs about $800 for the panel. If I ran a course I'd calculate how much I pay for electricity with and without solar to find the break even point. Then figure in the life of the panel. 

It would pretty awesome if it pencils out.

This could be part of the solution. I've been waiting for the day when a solar energy outfit could say "We're not only cheaper than fossil we're also more efficient!"

Someone mentioned government grants in connection with using solar. If it's so great, why do you need a government handout in order to use it? Shouldn't it sell itself?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

25 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

This is part of the problem. The "solar advocates" only compare that technology to itself. They don't dare compare solar to charging using the grid or burning "so called" fossil fuels. Why? Because it can't compare! Neither in initial cost or efficiency.

This could be part of the solution. I've been waiting for the day when a solar energy outfit could say "We're not only cheaper than fossil we're also more efficient!"

Someone mentioned government grants in connection with using solar. If it's so great, why do you need a government handout in order to use it? Shouldn't it sell itself?

And I thought the thread was about solar charged golf carts... now here come the politics.  I guess I should re-read the OP, it must have been about energy grids?

Off topic, since you brought it there, there are several very big companies creating alternative solutions as we breathe.  Some of the same big companies that built your touted outdated power grids.  I bet you believe global warming isn't real either.

But I digress... any further comments from me will be about the OP... solar charging golf carts.

Gents. No politics please. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2622 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!