IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

9 holes at lunch, drove it to the fringe on #6, drove it over the green on #8, finally got one to stick on #9, all par-4s. That's 3 eagle chances turned par within 4 holes. No wonder people either hate this game or love it...

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Played my first game of the season on Sunday..best shot was my second of a par five..drilled a 21 deg rescuse between two trees (long but not accurate drive) onto the green left me with a two put for birdie..blessed

Shortest par 4 on the course, 254 yards.

Teed it up with a 3 wood, not wanting to go over the back since it's downhill too. However, didn't exactly catch it well, and ended 20 yards short of the green. Took out my 54 degree, and pitched it on. Didn't mean to, but got a tremendous amount of backspin. Ended it about a foot from the pin. Loved it!

Knocked it in for birdie!

Ben

Eagled a par 4 today. Big drive to the middle, then holed a 60* from 40ish.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

par 3 157 to back left pin. Stuck a 8i to 3 feet on monday. Best iron shot ive hit this season, so far.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Hello Folks, New Forum member here, just entering my 3 posts so I can start uploading videos and getting help on my swing. My best shot of the week was on a 230 yard Par 3. I hit my 4-iron right off the center of the face. There is nothing better than hitting a perfect long iron. The ball drawed slightly took 2 quick bounces on the green and stopped 10 feet from the flag. Sadly, I then 3 putted for bogey.

Tools of the Trade
Burner Driver. 9.5 Loft. Stiff Shaft

Pro CB Irons, 3-PW, Stiff Shaft
SV Tour Wedges: 52,56,60

Par 3 222 yards from the back tees. I hit my 3 hybrid straight for the pin. The ball landed short of the flag and rolled 10 feet past the hole. 2 putt for par.

Next hole...Par 5 580 yards. Hit my driver and the ball landed 5 yards from the 250 yard marker. Thats a 325 yard drive. Hit 5i to lay up and SW plus 2 putt for par. I really loved that drive.

In My cleveland.gif Executive Cart Bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifTour Burner 10.5* | cleveland.gifHiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Woods: cleveland.gifLauncher Comp 3W | Hibore 2i Hybrid
Irons: mizuno.gifMP-60 3-PW | cleveland.gifCG4 Tour 3-PW | Wedges: cleveland.gifCG10 56* and 60*
Putter: odyssey.gifWhite Hot XG #9 | bushnell.gifPinseeker Medalist Rangefinder | First Coast Golf Courses

I guess it's not a proper "shot" but I hit my first 6i so pure it went 185 yards off the ground.
It was a golf simulator and that's why I remember the distance.

I made a downhill, left to right, fifteen footer for par. My approach from 70 yds landed a foot from the cup and because I dont keep my grooves clean, it rolled out.

In the Cleveland bag:
Cleveland Launcher Comp 460 9.5°, Aldila NV 65g S
Cleveland Launcher Steel Fairway 15°, Fujikura Gold 65g R
Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 20.5°, Fujikura Fit-On Gold 65g S
Mizuno MP-60 3-PW, Royal Precision Rifle 6.0 S ...

I blocked the ball right on the drive and had to go under the trees to an elevated green. Sand on the front right and I am not a sand player. Took a 4 iron and hit a low cut and landed on the left side of the green in the fringe. This was on number 18 and that saved the day.

Driver: 9.5 Titleist 910, Fairway Woods: G2 3 wood and 5 woods
Irons: Titleist CB712
Wedges: 52 - Vokey, 56 - Vokey Raw,
Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1
Ball: NXT Tour

On the second hole I was playing in a tournament yesterday. I had just 3 putted on the first hole for a double and was a bit nervous. The hole is a 330m par 4 with a fairly steep hill leading up to the green. OB running down the right side from tee to green. Being an avid slicer I took out my 3 wood and put my tee shot in the left semi rough about 140m from the green. Took out my 6 iron aiming to come up just short of the green on the left side and roll onto the front. Pulled it about 20m left of the green to the bottom of a valley.

So I had about a 20-25m pitch up a 5-6m bank. I could just see the top of the flag. Hit my pitch and a second later heard a *clunk*. The other guys in my 4 were still coming in so I raced up to the green to see a ball about 2m from the hole to the right. Thought that was my ball so went over to mark it. Oh nope, that's not my ball. Look in the cup and there it is :) Fourth time I've chipped in since Feburary! That practice must be working.

Driver: :tmade: R1 S 10 degree Wood: :ping: G20 3W Hybrid: :nike:Covert Pro 3H
Irons: :tmade: Rocketbladez Tour 4i-AW KBS S SW: :cleveland: CG15 54 degree
LW: :cleveland: CG15 58 degree Putter: :tmade: Corza Ghost Ball: :tmade: Penta

I had a few noteworthy shots on Thursday afternoon.

First... After a poor drive and a punch out, I was left with 70 yards to a front pin. Short was no good, long would leave a severely downhill putt. I hit my 56* to 12 feet. Missed the putt, but still.

Second... Par 3, downhill. Playing about 143. I hit an 8 iron that looked PERFECT. It hit the fringe and ended up rolling down the hill, leaving a 15-20 yard pitch. Again, my 56* saved me... this time to 3 feet and saved par.

Third... Finally got to hit a ball with my driver. Wasn't great, but 230 up the right side left me about 160 uphill (blind). Hit my 6 iron and it sounded and felt a little off, but worked out. Middle of the green, leaving me 21 feet with a double breaker. Drained the putt for birdie (2nd of 2010 for me).

Lastly... After blowing a tee shot OB, I had to reload and was hitting my 3rd on a 332 yard par 4. I bombed the drive. Left me JUST short of the green (15 yards) and in the middle of the fairway. Best drive I hit so far this year... but it was my 3rd shot. I messed up the rest of the hole anyway and carded a triple, but - the drive felt good!

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades