IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Probably one of the best shots of my season occurred today. It was my fourth shot on a par four thirteenth hole. I had a poor drive and had to follow that up with a layup due to a water hazard before realistically having a shot at the green 150 yards away. My next shot was off enough to find one of the 28+ bunkers on the course. If there is one shot in golf I come as close as I can to "getting" it's sand play. Open the club face, slightly open the stance with the ball even with the left heel (for righties) and hit the sand 2" or so behind the ball. Kind of like hitting it fat, something I'm good at. Anyhow with this particular one the ball was about 6" above my feet with the pin 25 yards away. Green level was around 3' higher than where the ball was. It was compounded by a small pebble about 4" behind the ball. I really wanted to move it but you can touch sand only with your feet or the club on the downswing so that distraction had to stay. I just lined things up, swung hard with my open faced gap wedge to get a bit more distance and the ball landed about 20 yards and rolled to within 16". Made the bogey save putt so the good shot was not wasted. That's always a good thing.

16 & 17 of my second round yesterday - two drives on dog leg right par 4 and 5. par 4 was 297 yds and the par 5 was 495 yds. par four i hit a draw to bend around the trees, hit the green pin high and rolled off the back for a chip to birdie.

par 5 i hit another draw to get 165 out. hit a nice 8 iron to get on the green in under GIR. then two putted for birdie =]

"Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end."

Started playing - April 25th, 2008

In my bag: FT-5 Neutral Driver 9° 990B Irons Rifle Flighted Shafts (3-PW) Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Midslant Vokey wedges 252*08,256*12 and 260*04 PROV1xSequoyah National - A Robert Trent...

• Administrator
A 7-iron from 85 yards. Pin was tucked right (middle depth) and protected by a slope that kicked the ball to the left just about pin high and extending gently to the front.

Hit the ball about 25-30 feet short of the green, bounced it on, and it rolled out and took the slope down to about eight feet. Too windy and the greens were SUPER hard, so nothing in the air would have likely gotten as close.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yesterday: 5 iron from a fairway bunker that was 179 yards to the center of the green into the wind and pin tucked back left of the green. Water on the left. Opened the clubface up a degree to make sure I didn’t draw the ball too much and also to add loft to get over the lip of the bunker. Slightly forward in my stance to try and catch it on the upswing too… all planned in my mind as what I wanted to do and never in my wildest dreams did I think I could execute all stages of the plan… but I did and hit it right at the pin and it landed and rolled to within 2 feet for a birdie putt. It was likely my all-time 5 iron… maybe and all time iron in general!

What's In my bag:

Driver: TaylorMade R5 Dual 9.5* UST Proforce V2 77g S
3Wood: Mizuno F-60 13.5* Mizuno Exsar 75S
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 3/4 Aldila VS Proto 80SIrons: Adams Pro Forged (5-PW) True Temper Black Gold SWedges: Cleveland 588 (3) 50, 588 (DSG) 54 & 60Putter: Ping i-Series Craz-EBalls:.....

Today I teed off on a 165 yd par 3 with my 6 iron, I couldn't find a broken tee so I hit it off the turf. I hit a perfect straight shot that cleared the bunker at the forward right corner of the hole, bounced off the slight hill on the green made by that bunker, checked up, and rolled to ten inches from the pin. I was playing with an older, quite skilled gentleman so it was VERY satisfying to hit such a good shot. Watching that tiny white dot head directly towards the base of the pin from 165 yards out, I had conflicting thoughts - part of my brain was yelling GET IN THE HOLE!! while the other part was telling me not to get my hopes up and let luck just do its part! I thought it was going to be a hole in one!

In any case it was the easiest birdie putt I've ever had! 10" from the pin!

I am just glad I had a witness!

30ft'er for bird on #1 today. Gave me some much neede confidence in my new putter.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Hit a 275 yard drive down the left side of the fairway, which put me in position to go over some trees to take a shortcut on a short par 5, with a dogleg right. Hit a 5 iron from 190 up and over the woods, and missed the green by about ten yards, but still pin high. Then chipped up to about 2 feet. AND MISSED THE PUTT FOR BIRD

WORST PAR OF MY LIFE

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

540 yd par 5, up hill dog leg left. Hit my drive about 285 down the left side of fairway, had a blind shot, green on the left about 250 out, hit a nice draw with my 4wood, landed pin high on the green 15 feet, actually hit into the group ahead. They said it looked like the ball came out of now where and landed smack on the green. Lipped out the eagle put, bird. - best shot I have hit in a while.

In my Titleist Premium Stand Bag

909D3 8.5 VS Proto 70 X
909 f2 13.5 V2 75 x
G10 15 Degree Grafalloy Red X MP-32 3-pw X100 Vokey Spin 52, 56 SS Newport 2 Pro V1

Well... it was a little more than a week ago. I was playing a little par 3 course so my mother could try and pick the game back up after a long layoff. It was the first time I played the course and the 1st hole was a 195 yarder. Pured my 5 iron to within 6 feet (with 5 other people watching from behind the tee). I got "great shot" from about 4 people.

Yeah... I was struttin' a little after that

For the first time in over 5 years I drove the 290 yard par 4 4th at Heather Highlands. I was still 30+ feet from the flag and my eagle attempt missed badly, but I made an 8 footer for birdie.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

2H from about 230 out on a Par 5 this weekend. Put it just over the back of the green. Felt great as it left the club. Failed to get up and down for bird, and actually birdied the next hole (did this twice this weekend (followed the choked par with a bird), although the second day my 2H to the par 5 was a dirty little 180 hooker that worked well, but not a pure hit).

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Almost holed out on a 140 yard par 3 island green. Easiest birdie I have ever made. That blind squirrel must be running around somewhere.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

Although my lousy score would not suggest it, I hit some very good shots last night. I nearly drove the green on the 290 yard up hill par 4 7th. I was about 10 feet short of the green and made a stupid decision that led to a par. I also hit a great drive on the 8th. I was less than 30 yards off the green but my pitch released 20 feet past and my lag putt was awful.

The best of the night came on the par 4 9th. The tees were all the way back. The tee box is literally 50 yards long. From the back it plays about 340 and slightly up hill the entire way. My second shot was about 50 yards out and I stuck it to 3 feet. I made the birdie and won by one shot net and 6 actual.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Im cheating and telling my two shot grind for a birdie. I was playing a short par 4 and hit a horrible drive about 200 yards into the left rough, I had a 185 shot with a tree blocking the pin and all but the right-most 5 yards of the green. I hit a 5I draw to pin high but on the fringe and chipped in from 15 ft.

NO fairway, NO green in reg, birdie easily never done that before.

Bag:
Driver: 325 (draw)
Irons: mp 32
Wedges: Black Ni
Putter: Teardrop...dominatorBall: nice ones.

In my tournament, I drove onto the fairway but drove behind a tree on the right side of a Severe dog leg right. The tree was right infront of me, I planned to do a 3 Iron fade which I had never tried before, So i alligned like I was taught to do one, and I nailed it! It cut right through a little gap in the tree and faded along perfectly down the fairway.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Hit an eagle with my nine iron from 145 out today. Didn't get to see it go in but it was a nice surprise to look in the cup and find it there. Only the second eagle I have ever had from 100+.

Cleveland Hibore XL
Mizuno F60 3 wood
3-PW MP 68
52 & 56 Vokey
Odyssey White Steel 2 Ball

coming off of two bogeys, i blocked my tee shot on the par 3 7th about 18yds into the middle of a hill......sideways downslope in the rough, green sloping away from me towards the water, and i had about an inch and a half to land it between a sprinkler head and the end of the fringe....i pulled it off for one of the best up and downs of my life

in my bag
driver: r9 with Fujikura Motore 65g stiff shaft
3w-5w: Sz with stock shafts (aldila hm) stiff
irons(3-pw): s59 stiff
wedges: 52deg. rac satin vokey spin milled 56deg. putter: xg9ball: b330rx

Longish part 3, downhill, pond to right of green, bunker front right, tree close-ish on the left. I hit a clean 5i that drew to about 5 ft behind the tree, pin high. I was lucky to have any kind of a shot onto the green - hit a soft 8i chip that just missed the trunk and pitched on the fringe and rolled about 30 ft to within 5. I sunk the putt for par.

Felt like a birdie.

(but yours sounds tougher Hoofreak7).

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball