IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

nice par 5. Drive puts me in the middle-left of the fairway...195 yards from the pin. Pin position is only a few paces off the front of the green...with bunkers right and left. Pull out the 5iron...195 is a little too much for my 5..so i deloft a little, put a solid stroke on it...got a little help from the breeze....one bounce just in front of the green and basically checked about 4 feet from the hole. Got me a lovely eagle 3.

TMX Carry Bag
Tour Burner 9.5*
Burner 3W 15*
Burner Rescue Hybrid 19*
r7 TP 4i-SW Dynamic Gold S300s 60* CG-14 Circa 62 #2 & Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

475 yard par 5 that's a big dogleg right around a lake. Hit a good, long, straight drive but leave it on the right-hand side, in the rough. I have so many trees in my direct line over the lake to the green that I can't see any part of the green - and I'm a little miffed because this is a birdie sometimes/par EVERY time hole (unless disaster strikes). I stroll about 12 yards to my left to get a look at the green and the pin is back and as far right on the green as possible. I use the Bushnell and I'm 186 from the pin from the spot in the fairway that is as far right as possible with an unobstructed shot.

So I walk the 12 yards back to my ball, behind the trees, and ballpark the real shot at about 190. It's a carry for the first 170 yards and now I'm thinking this is probably just a layup to about 120 yards and take the par, but I'm also convinced that I can cut a 4-iron around the trees and put it somewhere on the green. I know the water isn't in play unless I catch it fat. I line up the shot way left, basically at the left edge of the lake, which means I have to cut this ball at least 30 yards to the right. Open the face a little, open the stance a little, regrip with the face open, and catch the shot really solid. It takes off and starts cutting and there's no way I can see it.

One of my playing partners says "sit, sit, SIT! Stop!"

I ask "what'd it do?"

"You're pin high, maybe 6 feet? Hell of a shot bud."

I say "wow, shot of my life."

So, of course, I lip out the 9 foot downhill eagle putt and make my tap-in birdie, feeling legitimately disappointed in bird for one of the few times in my life.

You can see that round in my scorecards, this was hole 16.

Worked out well, that one - too bad the round kinda sucked.
In the bag 8/12/09:
R9 w/ 63g S Fubuki | 909F2 13.5º | 909H 19º | MP-67 w/ Project X 5.5, 3-PW | Spin Milled 52â¢04, 56â¢08, 60â¢04 | BC1, 35" | Tour One | uPro

Hcp: 5.9
Trend: 5.2

sunday.. #11 at Leslie Park in Ann Arbor, 490 yard par 5, tree lined, double dogleg, wind into and right to left cross. Bomb my drive 290, into this 20mph wind. 200 yards to green. downhill to cup, try to hit a fade 4 iron. Shank it right, goes up into the trees, kicks down by the 150 pine tree. I have 10' of air under the trees to work with, downhill still a bout 20'. Take a 5 iron chip shot and run it up to the green .. rolls up to 4 feet away ..

make birdie :)

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

Last Thursday at my home course. Tricky short dog-leg right par 4, about 300 yards. Very good fading drive that rolls to about 40 yards. Pull out the lob wedge, take a couple smooth 1/3 backswings, step up and execute the swing. Smooth, crisp contact. A nice, high, soft pitch that lands about 10-15 feet from the hole, starts sliding, trickling toward the pin, and... clinks the stick and falls in for an eagle. Only the 2nd eagle of my golfing life.

As my golfing buddies like to say... that shot probably cost me thousands of dollars (in future return rounds of golf).

actually 2 shots from todays round.

1st shot was on the #4 Par 4 400yds dog leg to the right with water down the right hand side....my 2nd shot was 148yds out and I took my 7i and hit it smooth and just over the right side green sandtrap and it trickled down to 10ft from the cup pin high...sweet shot.

2nd shot was after playing the 17th hole walking toward the 18th you walk right past the #10 tee box area (#10 is a 352yd Par4 from the whites)....nobody was out at this time of the early evening so I took out a NIke ball I found on the 15th hole and teed it up on the "GOLD" tees which is roughly 40-50yds ahead of the whites, and proceeded to hit the best drive of my day, hit it 15-20yds short of the green.......it had to be the ball though (Nike)

9th hole, par 5. it's not so much a dog leg as it is just a hole that goes up a hill, and plays left. Hit a 4 iron to the top of the hill. hit a 250+ yard 3 wood right down the middle. follow'd that with a LW into the green, and hit the birdie put.

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

I hit my best 3 wood from 230 yards on Thursday, it was a nice high trajectory that traveled over a large tree and near the green.

Previous to above shot I hit a high draw off the tee with my driver to a tight fairway that downlegged to the right, the draw allow me to have a clear the trees to the right and have a clear shot onto the green.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

9th hole today, coming in 4 over (i'm thinking birdie for my 39 ) and i decide to duck hook one O B in the road on the left

i hit my second drive (3rd ball) right down the middle about 100 yds out.

i hit a thin wedge over the green.

now im pissed and hoping to salvage my double, but i kept focused on every shot like i told myself i would in the morning, and hit a perfect chip, rolling in the cup smooth

bogey aint too bad

Played 18 today and had a couple good shots.

6th Hole: Terrible drive, but it ends about 155 with a straight shot to a back pin. There was a tailwind, so I took and 8i and proceeded to knock it to about 20 feet. Drained the birdie from there.

13th Hole: 54˚ to 4 feet from 105. Too bad it was on my second ball.

15th Hole: Nailed a 20 footer for par.

18th Hole: Huge driver down the middle about 290 and a pushed 4i left me about 75yds out in a crap lie. Take a 1/2 50˚ and play a bump and run up to 8ft. Drained it for birdie.

All in a (bad) round of 83.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

making a 15 footer for par to stay at -1 today. Although I bogeyed one of the last four hole, I was very pleased with a round of 36.

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

Par 5- 524 Yards. In a bunker near the green on my 4th shot pin at the back, Accidently took all ball and Went over the green and behind a hill that was infront of the green. Could only see the top of the pin. Was also in foot high grass. Took my 60* and somehow made the perfect shot, hit the downslope of the hill, rolled down and into the Cup for a Chip In Par.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Haven't played much last 5 years (10 rounds). Hoping to change that very soon and am gearing up for a 3 day golf weekend with Bro in law in mid August. Been hitting putting green last 4 days for 1.5 - 2 hour sessions. Stroke getting pure. Made 3 50+ putts with more than 4 feet break Sunday afternoon using an old Tommy Armour Iron Master (usually use a Ping B-60). Hoping to hit range later this week and then play 3-4 rounds before golf weekend.

On another note I can't start a new thread (joined site yesterday). Want to ask a question about regripping putter mentioned above as it has original leather grip of 45+ years.

First hole on the course, a short 350 yard par 4.

I hit a nice drive down the middle for about 250.

For my second shot i decide to hit a soft pitching wedge.

I completley shank it 30 yards to the right and my ball ends up on the tee box of the second hole, where there is a foursome about to tee off.

I take my 60 degree, with the foursome looking on with their arms corsse.. and hit high and stop it on a dime a foot from the cup.

Tough par 5

Hit a decent drive, left hand rough, would be a tough shot to hit the green but I go for it with my 3 hybrid. I top it of course, maybe goes 75 yards... Obviously that was not the shot

I am now about 165 - 170 so I hit a nice firm 7 iron and end up about 8 feet below the hole! /emoticons/smile.png" title="Smile"/>

Missed the birdie putt though

What's in the Bag

Driver: HiBore 10.5* ProLaunch Blue 65s
Hybrid: No Fear 3i
Irons: Launcher LP 4-PW Harmonized 50* GWAmerican Standard 56* SWStriker by Golf Trends 60* LobPutter: Pro Response bladeBall: Tour Fire

Par 4 357yds #6 at South Hills (West Course) hit my tee shot in the right fairway bunker, was 140yds out and took a 4i (in the sand) and hit it onto the right side green and made a Par.....

Played a quick 9 late this afternoon in preparation for 18 with a buddy from out of town tomorrow morning. Par 5 558 yds 16th at The Shire London. Pulled my drive into heavy rough. Hacked out 80 yards with a 52 deg wedge. Left with 210 to the pin. Ripped a 16 deg hybrid into the wind and stuck it to 12 feet. Birdie putt lipped out ...

--
Tee it high, let it fly!

MP-600, Fujikura E360 Stiff
Hi-Bore 1i, 2i, Stiff MP-57, DG S300 52.08, 56.08., 60.07 FISHER GOLF - CTS-1 Burgandy Insert ProV1

With two back to back par 5's I hit a decent drive down the right side and play a cut 4 iron to 10 feet from 195yards. Miss the putt(of course.. AHH!) Make birdie. On the next par 5 I hit a perfect drive down the center and stick another 4 iron with 10 feet from 200yds and make the eagle putt. Back to back birdie eagle.. took me to -2 for that nine. Best two holes I have had back to back for awhile.

I was in the greenside bunker on a short Par 3 (Tee went way right, and I had to punch it through a bunch of trees). There was a massive lip in my way, and to top it all off, I shortsided the hole, so I had virtually no room too work with. I made a miraculous shot and had it sit right when it hit the ground next to the hole. Tapped it in for a "good" bogey.