IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Hole 4 at my course I have been playing this year, playing 162, hit it straight at the pin and came up 3 yards short; left my ball 2" to the right and 2" short of the ball mark (which I now know how to fix correctly, thanks to a video posted on this site!). Made the putt for birdie.. Freakin' SWEET! (I don't make enough birdies to where they are ho-hum yet!)

My wife made (conservatively) a 20-foot putt for par on the first hole which was great because we got paired up with a couple guys who I could tell were leery about playing with a woman . . . I know she beat one of them and fairly sure she was within 2 or 3 shots either way of the other. Great day for both of us!
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Hit my drive on 18 at Douglaston about 220 yards to the right, into some bushes. Hole is a par 5, 500 yards on the scorecard but playing 474 today.

Take my one unplayable drop, which puts me right in this very little window, 254 yards to the green. Pull out my 2 Iron (Sumo Square Hybrid), which is usually a 195-210 club, depending on lie, and my lie is horrible. I make sure to play it back in my stance for tree problems, and I smoke it 235 yards right in front of the green. Chip is within 2 feet, and the putt was conceded due to a dead bird in the hole (posted elsewhere).

Great way to save par and an 81.

In the bag...

Driver: Sumo Squared 2007 Model, 10.5, Stiff Shaft
2I: Sumo Squared Hybrid
3I-SW: Nike Ignite, Graphite Regular Shaft60 Degree: Nike SV Tour Satin BlackPutter: Newport Studio Select 2 Mid-Slant 33"Trying to figure out what 14th club to add...

Played a par 3 course yesterday. Started raining on the 17th green. 18th tee I sliced my shot (don't ask... it was only a 110 yard hole...) and landed about 10 yards to the right of the green. Now in pouring rain, I proceed to quickly hit a soft flop that hits the front of the green and rolls to the hole. Stopped 1 inch left of the hole. Unbelievable. Grabbed it and ran for the car!

Total for the round, +5. Aaarrgghh. But I was only using SW, GW, 9, 6, 3, Putter, so I suppose some forgiveness is due.

Favorite Practice Course:
Z Boaz Municipal, Fort Worth <<< Ben Hogan grew up playing here!
--------------------------------------------------

In the bag: 983E 9.5*, Fuji Speeder S RPM LP, 4W, Neutral Bias STAFF Ci6 irons, S (going up for sale soon) Tom Watson PVD 08 Wedges (G.S,L)... and a 4...

I was on the 6th hole par 4, 315 yards. i tee off with my driver goes about 200 yards into the rough beside the trees i take thout my wedge hit it right into the sand. i keep my cool take out my wedge 30 yards from the hole take the shot bounces and lands right in the hole. i was so happy after what looked like to be my worst hole that day.

also me and my cousin a week ago were teeing off on a par 3 about 130 yards his lands on the green 2feet from the hole and my lands 4 inchs from the hole the people in front of us were clapping.

This isn't saying much, but easily the best shot of my life (which is basically this season).

175 in the rough and infront of two of the tallest kind of trees in the area, the hole slants severly uphill so you need to be under the flag (which is positioned in the southeast corner of the green) - flag is 4 or 5 yards from a bunker and 15 from a lake - very dangerous Par 5.

I hit my 26* hybrid and this thing goes just over the treeline, starts towards the water and perfectly fades towards the hole, bouncing just in front pf the hole and in the fringe.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

In the junior open after starting out horribly I hit a 295 yard bomb onto a par 4 green. Wasn't expecting to come that close. lipped out for eagle then sunk and easy birdie putt

"Don't drink and drive, don't even putt."

In my bag:
Sumo2 9.5 degree driver I3 3 wood 5 wood Deep Reds 3-PW Vokey 60 degreeSW 2 bar hybrid putter.

Hit a light 7 iron today from about 150 out. The pin was near the front of the green. I hit a good shot, the ball bounced on the fringe, hopped, and dropped right in the hole.

Shouldv'e been a double eagle on a short par 5 but I had to punch out from some trees on my 2nd shot...

Yesterday I was about 160ish yards out(in the fairway) on a par four hitting a second shotto a pin tucked in the back corner of the green. There was a green-side bunker that protected the pin and didn't give me any green to work with. My only option was to hit a fade to the middle of the green and work the ball back to the pin.

*side note: I have been trying to eliminate my natural fade, it annoys me. Sessions and sessions on the range, playing with my grip, my take-away ... anything to eliminate that annoying fade*

I pulled out my 7 iron, went to my fade grip, plopped that ball dead center of the green and it rolled to within like 4 feet - BIRDIE!!

My buddy was in awe of that fade ... maybe I won't completely get rid of it ...
In my Bag:

Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff shaft
3 WoodBurner 15* stiff shaft
5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

Yesterday there was something in the air here.

On hole number 14 I decided to play safe off the tee to a fairway I've had a bit of trouble hitting with driver lately. Figuring if I play safe it's a good chance at par. I hit a good 4 iron off the tee about 225 to about 160 to the pin. From there I thought 8 iron would be perfect but I missed it a bit and landed 15 feet short of the green. From there I holed a 56* sand wedge for birdie. It wasn't too exciting. But then as I am walking to get the ball from the cup I hear a guy yell at the top of his lungs " BOOM! " and look over to see him (on hole #2) trotting toward the cup to pick his ball out! He must have drained his for eagle - he seemed pretty excited. It was crazy. Both shots had to be within split seconds of each other. Something was in the air.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

ok, today's shot may not be a GOOD shot but it sure was funny. first hole, I pushed it right and about 200 yards, it hits the base of a tree, runs up the side of the tree into the canopy and doesn't come down for a good 10 seconds while we all are wondering where the hell it went. There were a couple more trees infront of it so I played it far behind of me so I hit it low but it ends up hitting a root right infront of it and pops up a little high and clips the bottom of the tree. Now, my partner was standing in the fairway to the left with a perfectly clear view of what would have happened. But, instead, we both saw the ball, we saw it clip the bottom of the leaves, and then we saw it disappear. it was completely open space. Just vanished. I think it got stuck in the tree but it sure was funny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sunday I was playing at the Airport GC in Columbus, OH. I was on the 15th tee Par 4 331 yards. I kinda shanked my tee shot about 200 yards to the right edge of the fairway with a good angle at the pin. I hit an 8 iron from about 130 out, landed on the green right at the pin, I saw it rolling and then BAM disappeared. We walked up to the green and there it was sitting in the cup. Best shot I've ever hit or witnessed in person.
DRIVER - SQ Sumo2 5900 10.5*
3 WOOD - Wrath 15*
HYBRIDS - Wrath 3I 18*/4I 21*
IRONS - Wrath 5-PW
WEDGE - 60*PUTTER - Callie 35"BALL - Juice 312 #4's

This week mine came on the 9th hole. Pretty tough par 5 uphill usually into the wind. Pulled a driver into the first cut, then chunked a 3 wood. Had 150 left pin was in the back, pulled seven iron and hit it thin, ended up to 2 inches. :p Better lucky then good...

If winning isn't everything why do they keep score?
- Vince Lombardi

In my Ping Hoofer 08 camo bag :
Cobra 454 Comp 10.5* UST ProForce V2 stiffTaylormade R7 TP 15* UST ProForce V2 stiffTaylormade R7 TP 17.5* UST ProForce V2 stiffAdams A1 Pro Idea 4-PWTitleist Oil Can 52*Titleist Oil Can Spin...

Yesterday dogleg right. 356 yds.

Driver a bit wide but in the fairway.

7 iron 150 to the flag, hit and stop about 2 ft below the hole... that is why I keep going back!

Blade Stand Bag
905R 11.5 R flex
Tight Lies 3 Wood
Ci7 Irons 4-GW R Flex
Vokey SM Wedges 54 / 58Classic Putter #1 34"ProV1 or U-Tri Tour or E5+

Wednesday was the last night of our league and my wife and I were playing in the championship match. I came to #9 2 shots down. 9 is a straight par 4 that from the tips plays about 370. It was playing about 355 that night. My opponent pulled his drive into heather on the left. I hit a bomb. My drive was about 30 yards short of the green. He ended up barely advancing his second and taking an unplayable on his third. By the time he hit the green he was laying 6. I hit a safe approach that ended up on the lower tier of the green. I lagged up to 3 feet and he missed his putt for 7. I rolled mine in and won by 2 shots. Unfortunately my wife struggled all night and lost by 2 shots. We needed to take both matches to win the league title. I did end the year with the low men's average for the 3rd straight season but that doesn't offset the sting of second place.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I eagled a 334 yard par 4 today. It's basically narrow with a slight dogleg and set up so you need to play an iron and I went out as soon as I got my timetable for school and was like, screw it I'm hitting driver. I launched one probably 315 yards and it didnt roll much due to the rough and made a nice little chip in for eagle.

"Don't drink and drive, don't even putt."

In my bag:
Sumo2 9.5 degree driver I3 3 wood 5 wood Deep Reds 3-PW Vokey 60 degreeSW 2 bar hybrid putter.

i drove a makeable par 4 today, rolled past the hole by ten feet. missed the eagle,arrrgg. easy birdie though, finished with 76. lovin' my i5's!

My Blog