IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

i hit two of the purest 4i shots of my life today (210 yard club for me).

wow.

a 4 iron hit the green and spun back. that is the softest green ever.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

On Wednesday, March 12, it was sunny and 70 degrees, therefore a 2:00p.m. tee time at the home course. The best shot of the day was on #14, a particularily challenging par 4 dogleg left, into a very strong wind.

The wind grabbed my tee shot and I was left with about 180 yards to the green, into the wind. I topped the ball, which went about 50 yards, somewhat toward the left and stopped about four feet behind a tree. The tree hid the flag, about 130 yards ahead, on an elevated green. To say I was stymied would be an understatement.

My only hope to salvage the hole, was to attempt a draw and pray the ball landed somewhere near the green, with a prospect of an up and down for bogey.

I chose a 23 degree hybrid, placed the ball well back in my stance, gripped well down on the club and took a sweeping shallow swing. I knew I hit the ball well, but the sun prevented me from seeing where the ball went.

I knew my partner hit the green in regulation and I was sure I was off to the right of the green. Neither of us saw my ball until we arrived right up to the green.

While his ball was on the green some twenty feet from the hole, mine was lying five feet from the hole, pin high! I made the putt for a most unlikely, ugly par. But I was inspired by that par and played the next four holes at 1 over.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Anaconda Hills: Great Falls, MT
40 degrees-First round of the year

5th hole, par 4, 280 yards, slopes uphill and then suddenly drops down about 30 feet, dogleg right, completely blind green:

Aimed straight down the first part of the fairway and hit the new driver. It began fading right toward where the pin would be. I crested the hill and found the ball about 10-15 feet short of the pin (on the green). I missed the eagle putt, but sunk the birdie putt.

6th hole, par 4, 270 yards, slight dogleg right and quite a ways uphill:

The four kids in front of me told me to play through, so I was quite nervous as they watched my tee shot. I aimed left about 15 yards and hit another great drive that faded right towards the pin. I found the ball on the very front edge of the green, right in front of the fringe. Once again I missed the eagle putt, but sunk the birdie putt. I drove the green on two par 4's in a row!

17th hole, Par 5, 497 yards, dogleg left, the last part of the fairway slopes downhill quite a bit:

I was warmed up and swinging better than I ever have. I aimed left of the fairway and let er' rip. It felt and sounded very good off the clubface, and I saw the ball flying away high and fast. It started off farther right than I would have liked, and I soon lost track of it in the air. I REALLY like the trajectory that my new Cleveland Hibore XL delivers. It seems to carry forever. The ball must have drawn back towards the fairway because I found the ball about 130 yards away from the GREEN, on the right side of the fairway. I must have gotten a lot of help from the downhill fairway, but if you do the math it comes out to about a 365 yard drive! I hit a relaxed PW to the downhill green and stuck the ball 15 feet right of the hole, pin-high. I once again missed the eagle putt, but sunk the birdie putt.

What an exciting round! I have never had so many potential eagles. I had a couple more birdies besides the ones above, a good many pars, a few bogeys, and maybe one double bogey. I hit my driver and my irons wonderfully, but my short game was lacking as always.

Last Sunday I hot the green in reg on number 4 but was left with a huuuuge putt. I measured it out on Google earth and it show around 100ft. I don’t like long putts because I always leave the putt way short, so I pulled a hybrid and took a regular putting stroke...... the ball finished pin high and left me 2ft for par!!!!
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

after a very up and down round today, I stuck my approach on 18 about a foot and a half away.. A nice way to finish up!

in my grom stand bag:

Driver: HiBore 9.5* fujikura stiff
3w: HiBore 15* fujikura stiff
2i hybrid: HiBore fujikura stiff3-sw: MP-57 +1/2 2* up stiff steelPutter: 2ball SRT 36"GPS: SG3 Sky caddieCart:Clicgear 2.0Home Course: Lake Spanaway http://www.lakespanawaygc.com

I was 210 yards from the green. I was in the rough, between two trees but with a nice lie. Took my 20 degree hybrid (brand new) and stuck it on the green. Felt greatttttttttttttttttttt.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

• 2 weeks later...
Had three really good shots this round, and this week.

1) Approach shot on par 5 to 6 ft, birdie.

2) 25 ft birdie putt on par 3

3) 30 ft par save on the very next hole.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

my Tee shot on the FIRST whole i EVER parred(been playin since October).with the hardest club for me to hit in my bag,Cleek Iron(18*),perfect straight shot to edge of green,1 short putt,then 1 LONG putt and IN...........par my second hole,2 holes later.................all and all a great day.......shot 58 for 9.......................got the bug bad for this game
Driver:Louisville Golf Transitional driver(15*)
Wood:Tad Moore/Tom Morris Brassie(14*)
Long IronTad Moore/Tom Morris Cleek(18*)
Long Iron:Tad Moore/Tom Morris Mid Iron(22*)
Approach:Tad Moore OA Hickories Jigger(26*)Approach:Burke T ray Mongrel MashieApproach:Tad Moore OA Hickories Mashie(37*)Short:Geor...

with gale force winds from the right, i manned up and aimed over the water on the right and hit a seven iron to the green. the wind brought it back to 20 feet, and i two-putted for par

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Nothing too spectacular, but I played my first round of the year so that was enough. My back flared up on me last Sunday and it was at it's worst Saturday night. I had a tough time getting dressed yesterday so just surviving 9 holes would have been good for me. I did hit some good drives and had a great chip that ended up in tap in range for my first par of the year. My best shots all ended up missing the green, but the contact was solid. I hit a hybrid from 200 yards that landed just off the front edge. I hit a 7 iron on a 155 yard par 3 that was up hill and into the wind. It came up about 5 feet short of the green and I hit a 3 wood from 230 that ended up pi high but left of the green on the par 5 18th. My back held up and other than losing a little distance with the shortened swing I hit the ball well.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Monday I snap hooked my tee shot on 8 behind a group of trees on the right and had nothing from 155. I hit a sweeping 40 yard hook that ended up 20 feet from the pin. 2 putt parr. On very next hole I blocked my drive way left behind another group of trees and had almost the identical yardage. Used a 5 iron to slice the crap out of it and it to climbed the hill and made the green. I was so excited that I 3 putted for bogey. Nice.

What I play:
Driver: FTi Tour LCG Matrix Xcon 6
3 Wood: Sonartac SS03 *14
Hybrid: FT Hybrid *18
Hybrid: Rescue Mid 22*Irons: 5-PW i10, Project X 5.5Wedges 52, 56, 60Putter:i Black #9Ball: Tour ix

Not really one shot but an entire hole. Par 5 number 17 (531yards). Driver off the tee, 3 iron approach ran just through the green the back fringe, 2 putt birdie

Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

played Saturday morning and on #5 a Par3 158yds uphill tee box with water at the bottom of the hill, hit a 9i 8-10ft away from the flag but still settled for Par. But the tee shot was great....played all the Par3's (4 of them) even Par.....

Last Friday I had a really great flop shot, about 20 yards from nasty thick rough. Weird stance, bunker between green and ball, only a couple yards of green to work with. Made it.

Fore!

Hit a 80ft. breaking putt uphill for birdie #1 on the day, then two holes later hit a 54˚ wedge to 4 ft. Good day shooting 81.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...