IGNORED

"Hunted" TV Show

iacas
Note: This thread is 2612 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

The family and I have enjoyed the first two episodes of "Hunted." It's contrived, but we like to judge other people's tactics and talk about what we would do, etc.

Some random thoughts:

• I wish they had a day counter. The one couple was caught after 18 days, but you'd have never known. It felt like six.
  • How dumb do you have to be to use their ATM card and board a bus at the same train station?
  • Don't call your loved ones. Duh.
  • The email account with the drafts was a good idea, but they got too spooked about them being able to OPEN the letters too easily.
  • Tempting loved ones with a "reward" is cheesy.
  • How dumb are the loved ones who voluntarily agree to be interviewed, and then not only that, but give up actual valuable information? Just say no.

I'm a bit confused, too, on the rules.

I get that the contestants have signed over a lot of their rights: their homes are rifled through, their computers (temporarily) confiscated, etc. But during the show two things seemed to happen which conflict:

1. They wire tapped a non-contestant's phone. Did they sign away their rights, too? How is that legal? It's not like there's a judge granting warrants for these things because they're not actually fugitives.
  2. It seems like they can't violate some laws, like even trespassing. So what's to stop someone from just going to a friend's house, having the friend buy tickets to somewhere far away in their names, and living in their friend's basement for 28 days? If the hunters can't trespass, all they can do is suspect you're inside, and if the hosts don't act strangely, they'll have no way to apprehend you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think the hunters have a huge advantage in that the hunted teams can only go in such a small area (Georgia, parts of Alabama, Florida, etc.) Real fugitives would utilize the entire USA plus Canada, Mexico, and possibly even Europe.

The one team that went 'off the grid' and hid out deep in the woods for 2 weeks had the best strategy, if they could've just stayed out there and not gone back to civilization they just might have made the 28 days.

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

It seemed like the hunters have to physically touch the hunted to capture them. Why not just hang out at a friends house and make faces at the hunters from inside. If they can't come in, you can just hang out for the duration and eat cheesy poofs. I'm not sure if they positively ID you in a residence if that is considered capture since a judge would issue a warrant if it was real world situation.

I didn't watch all of it, but it doesn't appear that any of them altered their appearance.

I said the same thing about the friends and family that allowed themselves to be interviewed. Just hang up or walk away.

These people had trouble keeping their cool. It's not like they were in real danger. It's a reality show, not the real deal. 

You have to go completely off the grid. Having a lower grid presence (social media, etc.) to start with would make it harder for them to track you. 

Are you allowed to take your computer, iPad, etc. with you? If you left that stuff with a friend to keep it out of the hunters hands, they wouldn't have anything to search.

- Shane

• Administrator
3 hours ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

The one team that went 'off the grid' and hid out deep in the woods for 2 weeks had the best strategy, if they could've just stayed out there and not gone back to civilization they just might have made the 28 days.

Right. They were caught very quickly after that. Even the hunters said that was the best strategy.

2 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

It seemed like the hunters have to physically touch the hunted to capture them. Why not just hang out at a friends house and make faces at the hunters from inside. If they can't come in, you can just hang out for the duration and eat cheesy poofs. I'm not sure if they positively ID you in a residence if that is considered capture since a judge would issue a warrant if it was real world situation.

Right. That's what I said above: just hide out in the basement, stay off the Internet, and just watch rented movies or something for four weeks. Tell the people hosting you that you'll give them $10k for helping you win. They just have to keep silent and tell the hunters they haven't heard from you.

I could hide out in a basement for four weeks for $120k. Hell, I could almost hide out for a year for $120k. :-)

I didn't watch all of it, but it doesn't appear that any of them altered their appearance.

Yeah seriously, why hasn't the tall redhead with the HUGE BEARD shaved it?

Are you allowed to take your computer, iPad, etc. with you? If you left that stuff with a friend to keep it out of the hunters hands, they wouldn't have anything to search.

Yeah.

Again, these hunters don't actually have legal rights to do things they could do if you were an actual fugitive. That's why they've restricted people to a narrow area.

Plus, remember, they KNOW where you are… because there's a ****ing film crew with you. So I wonder how rigged it might be after all.

P.S. How dumb is that one woman who wrote the whole schedule out on her desk calendar?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 hours ago, iacas said:

Right. They were caught very quickly after that. Even the hunters said that was the best strategy.

Right. That's what I said above: just hide out in the basement, stay off the Internet, and just watch rented movies or something for four weeks. Tell the people hosting you that you'll give them $10k for helping you win. They just have to keep silent and tell the hunters they haven't heard from you.

I could hide out in a basement for four weeks for $120k. Hell, I could almost hide out for a year for $120k. :-)

Yeah seriously, why hasn't the tall redhead with the HUGE BEARD shaved it?

Yeah.

Again, these hunters don't actually have legal rights to do things they could do if you were an actual fugitive. That's why they've restricted people to a narrow area.

Plus, remember, they KNOW where you are… because there's a ****ing film crew with you. So I wonder how rigged it might be after all.

P.S. How dumb is that one woman who wrote the whole schedule out on her desk calendar?

I didn't see the lady write out her schedule. Dumb. I can see them keeping the camera crews secret from the hunters, but i wonder if the camera and sound crew make it more difficult to hide in the woods if your running from the hunters. 

- Shane

• Administrator
1 hour ago, CarlSpackler said:

I didn't see the lady write out her schedule. Dumb. I can see them keeping the camera crews secret from the hunters, but i wonder if the camera and sound crew make it more difficult to hide in the woods if your running from the hunters. 

She did. They pencil rubbed it.

Good point on finding guys in the woods. They found the couple pretty quickly.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

She did. They pencil rubbed it.

Face palm. 

Another thought... If your harboring a fugitive, don't answer your phone. The one lady had a gate blocking her driveway. It was a perfect hideout. 

- Shane

• Administrator
4 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

Face palm. 

Another thought... If your harboring a fugitive, don't answer your phone. The one lady had a gate blocking her driveway. It was a perfect hideout. 

I'm glad she wasn't so dumb as to think that those people were actually trying to "help" her.

3 hours ago, iacas said:

I'm glad she wasn't so dumb as to think that those people were actually trying to "help" her.

They looked like they were thinking about it though. 

- Shane

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

It's appalling how they are able to track phones without a search warrant. 

Right. These are phones of people who have NOT signed up for the game.

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I wonder if they actually gave a cash reward to the girl who turned in the two that were caught tonight. Key phrase, "May be entitled". 

Right.

I have yet to watch the show but there is a local guy that was on it. They did a story on our local news channel about him. He owns some escape rooms here. I need to make time to check it out..

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

44 minutes ago, TN94z said:

I have yet to watch the show but there is a local guy that was on it. They did a story on our local news channel about him. He owns some escape rooms here. I need to make time to check it out..

It's very interesting to see how the investigators work. I wonder how much else is going on behind the scenes though...

- Shane

1 hour ago, CarlSpackler said:

It's very interesting to see how the investigators work. I wonder how much else is going on behind the scenes though...

Yeah, that stuff does interest me. I would like to ask him but I don't know him personally. Just reading the comments here, it sounds a bit staged, but I could be wrong.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Note: This thread is 2612 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!