IGNORED

My Swing (Golfdad2014)

Golfdad2014
Note: This thread is 2557 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been working hard on my hip turn but haven't had an opportunity to get out  to practice. 

I have noticed that the more I work on the hip turn the more my head drops in the back swing. I think of it like doing a squat in the gym. My upper body goes forward the more behind me my hips go. 

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

It was a beautiful day today so I went to the range. I had the best range session of the offseason. I am still king distance control right now but my contact with all of my irons was on point throughout 75% of session. 

I feel like my hip turn is starting to feel good. Still sliding forward more than I would like but today felt much better. 

Edited by Golfdad2014

Went out and played yesterday after taking a lesson. I felt like my swing was as good as it has been in months. 

He got me swinging more left, got me to tilt right a little more at address, and working on my hip turn. 

When I struck the ball well the ball was traveling about 10 yards farther with my irons. Didn't push a single drive right. Really felt like I had control of my start lines. 

It's only one lesson and will take time ingrain the movements. I'm encouraged by my progress. 

http://www.hudl.com/technique/video/view/ShddjnCX

16 minutes ago, Golfdad2014 said:

Are people allergic to responding to my thread?

Most people look at videos and watch how people progress, but some will refrain from responding if you take regular lessons, because we don't want to throw contradicting advice in there.  

Just a brief look at the recent videos, I like your swing for the most part.  You bring club a little low on back-swing but you start down-swing on a good line.  The swing path follows your chest aim which is normal, but your feet are closed to that line.  That setup may be a cause of pushes with drive and not swinging left as you might be able to.  That stance can limit the turn, unless you have overly active hips.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The feet closed to my line is definitely an issue I'm trying to address. The longer the club the more my start line goes right. During my most recent lesson I got myself hitting the ball more where I was aiming. 

Thank you for your feedback. 

5 minutes ago, Golfdad2014 said:

The feet closed to my line is definitely an issue I'm trying to address. The longer the club the more my start line goes right. During my most recent lesson I got myself hitting the ball more where I was aiming. 

Thank you for your feedback. 

Take an alignment stick or golf club and place it a couple inches in front of your feet and then aim.  Take the club your about to hit with and place it on your chest to see if its parallel to the alignment stick.  Lastly, move your knees and arms around until they feel loose and square with those lines, then swing away.  

Another way is to flare your left foot out to the left.  It doesn't align it, it just allows easier turning to the left.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Golfdad2014 said:

Are people allergic to responding to my thread?

FWIW, a single swing in slow motion is better than a 5:00 video of regular speed.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2557 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!