IGNORED

Goals for 2008

FIJIGolf23
Note: This thread is 5659 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I havent even played my first game yet, but I have been practicing for about two weeks and have taken one lesson.

My goal (and I have no idea how realistic it is!) is to break 100 by the end of the summer.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only started playing again after being out for 5 yrs which i was playing off 4 before stopping.

My goal is to practice alot more and get the goals i want

get my handicap back and get down to 1 or scratch

Driver: 909 D2 8.5 Degree - Red Pro launch shaft
Irons: AP2's 3-9 irons
Wedges: Vokey spin milled 48/54/60 degrees
Putter: Newport 2 Style 33inches
Ball: Pro v1Glove: Players

This is the year that I wanted to start taking my golf more seriously. Unfortunately I very rarely have time to practice in the week at my local range. Instead I have found this amazing website that analysis my swing and sends it back to me with what I should be working on within 24hours so I can put it in to action the next time I manage to get out on the course. www.practi-swing.co.uk Happy practicing.

Even though its mid season for most of you lucky guys out there, its still very much a winter wonder land here in Utah. With upwards of four feet of snow, I'm sipping some hot chocolate and curling under the fire place while I type this. Any who, lets get on with it.

These are in order, mind you

#1 Stop taking it so seriously. I have to remember that all we are attempting (and usually, utterly failing at) is to get a stupid white ball into a stupid little cup. I can't afford to continue to make myself look like a jack ass in front of everybody. I must stop pounding my clubs into the ground if I have a bad shot, stop swearing, and just settle down and have fun.

#2 Continue to get better. This means practice, practice and more practice. Though I am at the top of my game, I still need to make more progress towards my handicap and my game.

#3 Letter on the golf team and win state. I need to prepare myself both physically and mentally for the rigors that lie ahead. I need to start early and continue practicing until the job is done.
In the Bag
Driver: FT-3 Fusion Driver
Fairway Woods: FT-3 Fusion 5 Wood
Hybrids: FT Fusion Hybrid
Irons: ZB Forged 4-PWWedges: X-Tour (52,56,60)Putter: Rossa Daytona 1

My goal is to break 90 by the end of the year. Hey, if it wasn't a tough goal it wouldn't be worth having, right?

Driver: WRX G5 9* Fujikura Speeder 757
3-wood: G2 WRX 14*
Hybrid: G5 19*
Hibore Hybrid 3i 22*
Irons: G5 4-PW Wedges: Tour-W Black Nickel 52/12 & 58/08Putter: Milled NC #5Bag: Bagboy RevolverBall: ProV1XShoes: Adidas Tour 360 II

#1 - Slow down my approach to putting. I walk most courses I play and am generally hoofing it pretty good to get to the green. I want to SEE everything that will effect my roll clearly before I stroke it.

#2 - Fully eliminate the 3-putt. So far in March and April, so good.

#3 - Win some money from my croonies!!

First off, lose some weight. I had foot problems last year, led to surgery, spent too much time on my butt in front of the t.v. Now that the foot is getting better, I'd like to get back to my norm.

As far as my golf game is concerned. . .

1) My pre-shot routine, needs to be. . . . .more routine. I don't always do the same thing. Doesn't help any

2) I'd simply like to become more consistent.

3) Play more

Break 80 regularly.
Get down to less than 10 (the two are related)
Play two Pro-Ams.
improve approach shots.
Regain confidence in chipping.
Practice more. (those two could be related, too)
Stop sliding through and turn more.
Drive 300+ yards in summer more often than just the 8th and 9th holes, which have topography helping.
Birdie the 7th.

My 2008 goals are simple:

1. Play more golf. I think I play about 10 rounds last year.

2. Join a local club so I can play more golf.

3. Bring the family along:
3a. My wife is learning to play. To play a few rounds with her alone.

3b. To bring my son, Cameron (7), out on the course.

3c. To bring my son, Quinlan (4), to the range more often...maybe the course.

If I can make those items happen, then I'll update my goals.

Cheers,
Eric

what's in my Sun Mtn bag:
Driver: 3-Wood: Big Bertha Irons: Mizuno MP-54 Wedge: Mizuno 56°-10° Putter: Newport 2 Ball: Pro Vx

I agree with that one the most. And isn't it funny that you shoot a lot better when you don't worry? My goals for my 2nd full year of golf are

1. shoot 5 rounds or better under 80 2. limit stupid mistakes like: going for the green in 2 with a 3 wood from 250 when there's too many hazards around that don't really make it rewarding to. 3. Improve my drive accuracy & trajectory 4. learn which is my safest go-to shot.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

My goals are to break 95 and then 90.
Go to the driving range with a goal in mind and work on it.
Become more consistent.
Be a better putter.
Be able to get out of a sand trap in 1 stroke

1. Reducing penalty strokes.

2. Reducing three putts.

3. Getting the divot at the ball and forward... versus n00b shots.

4. Iron out pre shot routine and stick with one that works.

5. Quit watching the hot UofA Womens Golf Team practice... too distracting.

Driver: HiBore XLS
Hybrid: HiBore XLS 3i 22*
Irons: FP (v.07)
Wedges: CG14 Black Pearl 48* 52*
Putter: G5iBall: HX Hot BiteBest Score: 84 @ Arizona National - Tucson

This year, its not to down to a single figure handicap. This is my goal every year and it doesn't work.

As I am not playing regularly, my 2008 goal is to get back to playing to 16 handicap mainly through keeping drives in play (due to slice I have a tendancy to go OB or into water). My biggest weakness is 3 off the tee by a long way.

If I can get back to a consistent 16, then I can look to 12, then 9...

To achive this I want to get to the range at least 1 time per week, and try to increase the amount of games I am getting where possible. Also, getting back into swimming which will improve some of my strength and flexibility.

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

Main goals -

- Hit my Long-Irons better
- Work on improving my handicap
- Continue the progress with my putting
- Take more time on my shots, instead of rushing into them.

-Play more
-Reduce my hook
-Play in a semi-competitive tournament or league
-Work on my approach shots and putting
-Find a ball i like to play with (usually play whatever i found on the last hole)
-Try to consistently shoot in mid 80s

Note: This thread is 5659 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!