IGNORED

My Swing (woodzie264)

woodzie264

Headed to course

3D94E985-241E-4FC5-A92E-C1CCA28F8ADD.jpeg

high expectations 

• Funny 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

9/17: grip work - I feel it’s better, prob not perfect, but better maybe

• Thumbs Up 2

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Curious about the lack of putting practice in this thread 🤔

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

6 minutes ago, billchao said:

Im fortunate to have installed a putting green in my basement, so it's the one part of my game that I practice religiously every day. Usually start with 4' putts from different angles, working my way up to 12' putts, the longest the green allows. Absolutely has helped, it's the best part of my game. The holes are plugged and I use a 1.5" white jar cap as the target, with my goal being to just kiss the lid and no misses rolling more than 12" past. IMHO practice putting is the easiest way to cut strokes.

Current gamer is an Odyssey Stroke Lab V Line CS mallet. 

40 minutes ago, Bucks said:

Im fortunate to have installed a putting green in my basement, so it's the one part of my game that I practice religiously every day. Usually start with 4' putts from different angles, working my way up to 12' putts, the longest the green allows. Absolutely has helped, it's the best part of my game. The holes are plugged and I use a 1.5" white jar cap as the target, with my goal being to just kiss the lid and no misses rolling more than 12" past. IMHO practice putting is the easiest way to cut strokes.

Current gamer is an Odyssey Stroke Lab V Line CS mallet. 

I’m busting @woodzie264’s chops a bit. He strikes the ball like a single digit player, but he putts like he only has a single digit.

• Funny 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, billchao said:

I’ve been doing a lot of it. Just doesn’t make exciting video posts.  I spent about an hour between putting & pitching this morning. Working on my rhythm with Blast for lag putts and bead for shorter ones.   I’m improving but that’s not hard to do given where I was

24 minutes ago, billchao said:

I’m busting @woodzie264’s chops a bit. He strikes the ball like a single digit player, but he putts like he only has a single digit.

Hahahahaah

-Jonny

Prior to taking a “grip work” hiatus, my PP was “straighter right elbow.”

admittedly, I haven’t worked on that at all as I’ve been focusing on grip. I will say that in my video, I don’t see any improvement in my grip when I swing, but it IS different in my hand. I feel that more of the grip stays in my fingers without sliding into my palm although I don’t see a difference on the video. I suspect with that combo, there has been minimum improvement, but maybe a little. This is my first swing video in months so it’s more or less a new baseline.

new/recent issues:

1. I will either push an iron OR
  2. roll my wrist and hook it…which is less common. 

After uploading to YouTube, I see that first FOV isn’t leveled. 

• Like 1

-Jonny

less palmy at top of backswing?

• Thumbs Up 1

-Jonny

• 3 weeks later...

10/04 - I was able to get out to the new local First Tee today…it’s really nice and has a great practice area. 12 regulation holes and a 6 hole Par 3 course. I hit a small bucket and played the 12 hole course. Putter much better last couple of times out. 22 putts on 12 holes. Not great for some one you guys, but having no 3-putts today or last time out is a win for me. 

-Jonny

• 3 weeks later...

10/22/22 - played 9 holes, played really well for me. 

+2 (3 bogeys, 1 birdie)

Fairways: 6/7

Greens: 3 (abysmal)

putts: 14 (4 one-putts) saved me

putting is improving…while approaches suck balls

• Thumbs Up 2

-Jonny

• 4 weeks later...

11/18/21 - straighter right elbow

1E116B11-07F3-41FE-996D-5CFB1D62CDA1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

-Jonny

I saw your video and immediately thought I had more leaves to rake.

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 6/9/2021 at 7:41 PM, iacas said:

So, I haven’t forgotten this and I’ve been very conscientious about this whenever I hit balls and I feel as though my grip is improved…maybe not good…but improved. 

my PP has been “straighter right elbow” for some time and I think I’ve mastered that particular issue (see previous post), and so I’m coming back to post on my grip. 

Also, looking at the above swing, I think my chicken wing from MySwing pages 26-27 is improved. It’s still there, but I think    less prominent.

I also have been working on my putting pendulums with the Blast device at work and on practice greens when I get the chance and that I know is improving. In the past few rounds of 9 holes I’ve played, I’ve had a much higher percentage of one-putts and a far fewer three-putts than a year ago. I don’t bother posting those practice sessions since it’s something on which  the device itself gives me feedback. Anyways, just wanted to say thanks for taking the time a while back to make the grip video above, I’ve been working on it. 

would you have me make my grip my PP?

• Thumbs Up 2

-Jonny

FWIW, I practice my grip every session. I focus on making sure that I’m deep in the fingers and that went I change pressure the head doesn’t move. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

3 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

FWIW, I practice my grip every session. I focus on making sure that I’m deep in the fingers and that went I change pressure the head doesn’t move. 

Thanks, Scott. Even that video above wasn’t my best grip, but I figured I should post it anyways. No sense in only posting my best videos 

-Jonny

2 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

Thanks, Scott. Even that video above wasn’t my best grip, but I figured I should post it anyways. No sense in only posting my best videos 

Keep at it. It always feels awkward when we change things. I thought my grip was fine then when Erik posted the video, I rechecked it and I had issues. The head would move when my grip pressure changed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

19 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Keep at it. It always feels awkward when we change things.

So true - I think it was Tiger who said something to the effect that “if you feel comfortable with your swing, then you’re not improving”

• Thumbs Up 1

-Jonny

• Administrator

Deep into the pinkie, and the rest will be fine. It can't be deep in the pinkie and still in the palm.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets