IGNORED

Pay to play... how much?

Big_M
Note: This thread is 5902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. how much do you pay to play 18?

• always under $20
    • $20 or less most of the time w/ occaional higher priced round
    • $20 - $40 usually
    • $40 and up
    • I buy a yearly membership
    • I mostly play a league

I played at shalimar in the fall, and it was by far the worst course I've ever encountered. The greens were brown and not cut and the fairways were about 3/4 of an inch tall. I hope they cleaned that place up, but I'll never be back.

Wow, if I want to play a course for 17 bucks I have to go putt putt...our munis are like 40 bucks for 18 still, and our nice public courses are around 50-60

What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I pay $1300 a year at The Golf Center of Kings Island AKA "The Grizzly" Designed by Jack Nicklaus. The Grizzly is 18 hole Championship course+ The Bruin is an 18 hole Executive course + 4 Championship holes they call The "Academy". $10.50 cart for 18 on the GRIZZ. $6 for 9. $3.50 for the Academy(all you can play). You also earn points for the $$$ you spend so it usually works out that I get 2-3 for 1 because of how much I play and spend in the BAR & Resteraunt.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I live in Arizona, where the golf season never ends. The rates, however, do go up quite a bit in the winter. This time of year, I just play a couple of cheap courses. The municipal course closest to me, Palo Verde, is $10 for 9 holes, walking, and $5 to go around again. It's nothing special, but it's cheap. When I want a better course, I go a little bit further and play Shalimar for $17/9 walking ($23 riding) and $11 to go around again.

Wow, our munis are like 40 bucks and our nicer courses are 50-60...Damn Ohio.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

I play par-3 courses that are attached to apartment complexes.
They make their money off the apartments, so they usually don't even charge me if I am walking. It's $10 cart rental for 18 holes if I'm feeling lazy.

http://www.lindseymanagement.com/cgi...=pub_golf_main

These are NICE courses. Very well maintained!

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

I've always gotten an annual membership at a public course because I break even on equivalent green fees if I play more than once per week on average. For instance, to play at the nicest 18 hole course in the Newton, KS area is $39 on weekdays and $49 on weekends. The annual membership is $1650 which if you divide by 44 (average of 39 and 49) comes to the cost of 38 rounds. I easily play 100 rounds per year, so a membership is the best deal for me.

Matt Bolton_______________

my Quest for Extraordinary Golf

In my Bag:TaylorMade TP Red balls 3DX Ironwood hybrids 2 & 4Nakashima NP2 IronsNakashima HTec 460 Driver

I play par-3 courses that are attached to apartment complexes.

Free par-3 courses, attached to apartment complexes? I may have to get there when I'm done with school! Does anyone know of any in California/Arizona?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Free par-3 courses, attached to apartment complexes? I may have to get there when I'm done with school! Does anyone know of any in California/Arizona?

It all depends who is in the pro shop that day. Sometimes they charge, most times they don't. The course is free to people who live in the apartments, but if its slow (and it always has been) they will just wave you onto the course, especially once they get to know you.

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

I pay $165/month (family plan), $50/month for unlimited family driving range and then $17/person in cart fees each time.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Lol I live in a gated community with 3 courses. We pay monthly member dues to the country club and property owners association. But a round if you're a guest is $90

Driver: G10 10.5 Stock Shaft
3 Wood: Taylormade r580XD
Irons: AP2 3-P, Project X 5.5
Wedges: Tour-W 52*, 56* SM, 60* SM
Putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5 34"Ball: ProV1 or ProV1xLow Score:74

I live in Italy (closed to Milan) and here golf is still considered a game for rich. If you want to play an 18hole course (closed to Milan) during the week you pay 65$ (+ or -) during the week-end 110$. In the south of Italy the greenfee is cheaper than here (50$ and 100$). I'm a member of a golf club and I pay every year 1500$ but only for executive course. If I want to play in the normal 18hole course (in my club) I pay other money (+ o -35$). For 25 balls for Practice field (how could I say Practice field in English?) I pay 4$ and for 1hour of lesson 65$.
It's expensive for us!

As a Westchester resident, I usually pay $24 a round, walking. There are a few courses where they make you take a cart. Those places are $40 after 3PM. A great deal when you consider the carts have a GPS system.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Practice/for fun rounds come for free. Being in the PGA has some nice perks. Tournament play on the other hand... $250 for one round events. I'll be getting into some multiday events which will run around $500.

Any Hawaii residents here? I've heard having a Hawaii drivers license in worth it's weight in gold.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

in st. louis i normally pay anywhere from 25-45 for riding 18. I normally play after the morning crowd to save a few bucks. I have been considering getting an unlimited membership but i think ill get bored with it. they are only 2500 and i know i spent that last season. im going to be playing in some golf channel tournements so i know ill probably play more at the courses the tourneys are at.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I pay $600 for a pass to the 2 University owned courses. Since I play about 100 rounds a year it comes to $6.00 a round plus another $12 if I ride.

The public courses around here are all around $35 with a cart except the really nice one is double that.

Loyalty above all else, except honor.

Whispering Woods - $50 to ride. It's pretty nice and new but it still needs to grow in, espicially the back 9. My other courses include:

JC Martin - the local 9 hole muni that has a new watering system installed.
$9 to walk, $12 to ride, ~$15 to play(walk) all day. $150 for as much as I can play all season

Erie GC - Closed this year but should be open in the spring(fingers crossed).

Millcreek GC - another 9 hole muni built on a dump and adjacent to an airport and railroad tracks. How's that for concentration

Downing GC - The best local muni in my honest opinion but I rarley play there becuase it's so far away, for me without a car

Elk Valley GC - Where I played most of the season. The owner let's me play for free It's kind of a hike though

All in all there are alot of courses here in Erie, PA.

But let's not forget the more foutunate folks here:

Kahkwa CC

Lake View CC

Lake Shore CC

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

I pay $1100.00 per year for our membership for my son and I. We average about 50 rounds per year at a single round acumulative yearly cost of $2000.00, so I save about $900.00 per year with the membership!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

I normally play at a nine-hole muni course in Chicago which runs $23 on the weekends. I've never played on a weekday, so I'm not sure of the rate. The one and only 18-hole muni course in Chicago is $25 on weekends. If I don't play in the city, I play at a suburban municipal course with a friend, which is around $25, I think.

I pay between $19-$25 but that is because I pay the junior rate (15 years old) and all of the courses here in Alaska are cheap anyways, adult fee is about $50.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Note: This thread is 5902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!