Note: This thread is 2447 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For me the best feature was the swing tempo. I found once I started to slow my back swing down to get the 2:1 ratio Zepp suggest I was hitting better shots and felt my swing was more comfortable.

Also the auto record function (Zepp2) is great for looking back and reviewing my swing. It only records your swing not all the messing around before and after. Much better than pressing record on my phone and having to fast forward through me returning to the ball, setting up, swinging etc when playing it back.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, settopbox said:

For me the best feature was the swing tempo. I found once I started to slow my back swing down to get the 2:1 ratio Zepp suggest I was hitting better shots and felt my swing was more comfortable.

Also the auto record function (Zepp2) is great for looking back and reviewing my swing. It only records your swing not all the messing around before and after. Much better than pressing record on my phone and having to fast forward through me returning to the ball, setting up, swinging etc when playing it back.

Is there any purpose for the the "favorite" star on the swing analysis screen??? Does it do anything besides mark the swing as a "favorite?"

I have one of these, and I love it.   

My favorite feature, by far, is the club plane measurement.   But that is because I have historically been an outside to in swing path player and that is something I am trying to change.   

There are a couple things you have to remember with it, though.   

1) just because all of your numbers are "green" doesn't mean it was a great swing.   more, those are just a guide to help you understand more about the swing.   As Mr. Hogan says, "The ultimate judge of your swing is the flight of your ball".   don't let the numbers tell your if your swing was good or not, the ball will tell you that.   But, when your ball doesn't do what you wanted it to do, The numbers can be a good place to tell you why it didn't.   

2) For the reason above, I use the favorite button all the time.  every time I hit a ball that has the exact flight I am looking for, I favorite it.   then once you are done, you can sort you shots by only the ones I favorited. Sometimes those are swing scores of 88, sometimes they are 96.  it doesn't matter.  I just try to analyze what those swings had in common that created the ball strike I was looking for.  It doesn't make sense to review a swing where the ball didn't do what you want (unless you are trying to compare it to a good one).   basically what I'm saying is, don't let a machine tell you your swing was good if your ball tells you something different, or vice versa.  

3)  Do not bring this thing to the course.  Seriously, The course is no place to be tinkering with your swing.   play with the swing you woke up with that morning.  If you feel like you have to look at it after every swing to validate something, then you have become too dependent on it.  

3a) This relates as well to #3.   Sometimes, you just gotta put it away at the range.  To build a swing that you can carry with you to the course, you have to be able to feel a good swing with your body without that validation and tinkering after every swing.  Personally, what I like to do is turn it on and look at it during every swing for an entire range session, until I groove the swing that I want.   Then, at the next range session, I'll turn it on, but leave the phone in the pocket and not look at it the entire session.    Then, when I get home, I will review the results.   If my swing held it's shape (and I was striking the ball well that day), then I will leave it in the pocket for the next range session as well...  And I will continue to do so, until a session comes up that I review the results and see that I am falling back into old habits.  Then I'll take it out for a whole session again.   

anyways..  that's my $.02

Edited by lastings

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 months later...
On 4/24/2017 at 4:54 PM, lastings said:

3)  Do not bring this thing to the course.  Seriously, The course is no place to be tinkering with your swing.   play with the swing you woke up with that morning.  If you feel like you have to look at it after every swing to validate something, then you have become too dependent on it.

Now I can understand what you are saying here, but what about bringing it out to just get a measure of your game on the course. In essence not really looking at it until after the round? I know there is a course mode, and that practice swings are marked with a P or something. I am HIGHLY considering getting one.

Driver: :tmade: R15 10.5°
3-Wood: :tmade: Aeroburner 15°
Hybrid: :tmade: Aeroburner 19°
Irons: :titleist: DCI Gold 4i - PW
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 52° 56° 60°
Putter: :ping: Cadence

Looks pretty handy. If only I had a cell phone ;-)

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

• 2 weeks later...

it wants you to do a 3.1:1 and man that is slow. i feel like i can get a cup of coffee and come back and finish my swing. i did slow down my swing, but not to that extent. I feel the speed of my swing is slower then i expected, but i bomb drives 300+ and win a lot of long drive competitions in individual tournament play. I am swinging in my shoes and hold my pose at the end, I am in control when i swing, but i am only getting in the low 100mph swing speed. bridgestone tour balls need a minimum of 105mph swing speed, so technically i should be using those balls and using there tour ball under 105mph. It is good, but I was expecting more out of the zepp. I think i should resell it now, the novelty is kinda gone for me now.

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

• Administrator
4 hours ago, RickPro said:

it wants you to do a 3.1:1 and man that is slow. i feel like i can get a cup of coffee and come back and finish my swing. i did slow down my swing, but not to that extent. I feel the speed of my swing is slower then i expected, but i bomb drives 300+ and win a lot of long drive competitions in individual tournament play. I am swinging in my shoes and hold my pose at the end, I am in control when i swing, but i am only getting in the low 100mph swing speed. bridgestone tour balls need a minimum of 105mph swing speed, so technically i should be using those balls and using there tour ball under 105mph. It is good, but I was expecting more out of the zepp. I think i should resell it now, the novelty is kinda gone for me now.

3:1 is pretty standard (not universal - see Tour Tempo), but I'm curious… is the 100 MPH clubhead speed what Zepp is telling you, or what you've measured on a known good machine like a FlightScope, or a Trackman?

Because 100 MPH will not give you 300+ yards.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 hours ago, iacas said:

3:1 is pretty standard (not universal - see Tour Tempo), but I'm curious… is the 100 MPH clubhead speed what Zepp is telling you, or what you've measured on a known good machine like a FlightScope, or a Trackman?

Because 100 MPH will not give you 300+ yards.

that is what zepp is telling me. i feel it is faster, since i am a bigger hitter. but it tells me I'm swinging under 105. usually around 102-103mph.

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Note: This thread is 2447 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!