IGNORED

Are x-100 true temper shafts perfect for me

Note: This thread is 2547 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello, i am wondering on if I should get x-100 shafts. My coach said I should 100% get them because I hit my 7 iron 190 carry on track man and like 182 on course and I hit it high. My club head with 6 iron was like 95 mph I think. Just let me know what u think.

5 hours ago, Dylangolfs said:

Hello, i am wondering on if I should get x-100 shafts. My coach said I should 100% get them because I hit my 7 iron 190 carry on track man and like 182 on course and I hit it high. My club head with 6 iron was like 95 mph I think. Just let me know what u think.

It seems to me that your coach knows you and your swing a lot better than any of us do...

Better yet, a qualified fitter could compare several different shafts and help you choose the one that actually best suits you.

• Upvote 2

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, Dylangolfs said:

It depends. 

If you are looking into new clubs then go get fit. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

13 hours ago, Dylangolfs said:

Before you make any decisions of that nature, I strongly recommend actually hitting all the different shafts you're interested in potentially using. 

I have tried Project X, Dynamic Gold, KBS Tour, KBS C-Tapers, and the newer Project X LZ shafts, and of the bunch of them I prefer the KBS Tour and Project X LZ shafts the best. They both felt nice, and they gave me the best dispersion and spin numbers. Other golfers are best suited by the standard Project X, or the C-Tapers, or the Dynamic Golds. 

Try them all out on a launch monitor, then get the ones that you like the best if their numbers back up their feel if you're looking to upgrade your shafts. Another question that's relevant to ask is what shafts you are currently using.

In addition, I have a 4-PW of Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X100 (just a fancy label and tighter weight tolerances compared to the standard X100) shafts lying around that I could work a deal with you on if you end up deciding to go with the X100s.

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 2547 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!