IGNORED

Back After a Long Layoff (from Golf)

Midpack
Note: This thread is 2542 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played very regularly from age 10 thru my mid 40s', but then we bought a boat, and between that and work, golf ended.

But I'm retired now and I have time for boats and golf. But it's been more than 15 years away from the game, so rusty is an understatement. Joined a senior league, first league play tomorrow, and I've only been out twice so far. So I feel sorry for the guys who are stuck with me. I'm still pretty wild, but get in a good shot here and there, and I'm having a ball relearning.

My old clubs were/are in excellent condition, but 20 year old technology. I bought some inexpensive TM RBZ woods since they seem to have changed the most, that huge head is going to take some getting used to. Driver clubhead speed is down from 105ish to 95ish, so I'm clinging to stiff shafts (I tried a regular flex shaft and it felt whippy). I'm going to stick with my W/S RM Midsize forged CB's for now, even though the lofts are much higher than modern irons. I never liked cast CB's in my former golf life, but I assume they've changed and maybe I will like them this time around? I have never hit a hybrid before, in my former golf life they were only for seniors (now I are one...). And my old heel & toe Odyssey putter for now too. I did have to buy new shoes, balls, gloves etc. of course.

My other challenge is I still had 20/15 vision when I was playing before. Now I have to figure out if I can play with our without glasses with my old eyes. I've tried both so far, neither seems obviously better, and I'm still not sure what's best.

I look forward to all I can learn here, looks like a great forum!

Edited by Midpack

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to TST and welcome back to golf!!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2542 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!