IGNORED

Iron set??

Note: This thread is 5972 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been looking for an iron set for a while now. i have been hitting old dunlop seve ballisteros? for about 2 years now. i would like something that i could improve with and i will not outgrow in a year. (so not like super game improvement) i am currently a 20 hcp but quickly improving. (im only 17 and been playing for 2 years). I am a relatively good ball striker and usually hit it straight. i still want some forgiveness too though.

Here's my ideas:(limited income cuz the whole 17 thing)
-adams idea pro forged (used) 3-pw not hybrid set, they look great to me in person
-tommy armour silver scot forged cb (new) 3-pw, look good in pics but not sure
-cleveland cg4 (used) 3-pw
-adams gt 500 (new) 4-gw
(i havent hit these yet but hit 6 and pw in titleist dci something with small cb and liked the results)

I really do not know about the forgiveness of the adams ideas or TA, if it will be enough. i just need some help

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

Adams Idea Pro
I absolutely love mine. But, you WILL loose distance with poor ball striking, and they don't like being hit thin, like most other players clubs. As you can see I opted for a regular 4-iron over the hybrid. I hit my 4 great and have a touch more control with an actual iron. These are great clubs, but I think players who can appreciate them most would be 0-10 handicap range.

Cleveland CG Red
Also very fine clubs. These are a little more forgiving than the Adams and will still allow you to work the ball as you learn how. My 2nd set of irons was a set of TA-5's and I loved them. You can't go wrong with the CG's. You may even consider the golds as a 20, depending on how fast you see yourself improving.

Taylormade R7 or R7TP
If you like the CG's you would like these, very similar club. Hit both and see which you like better. TP is the thinner, smaller, player type club.

ALSO... reviews on the Adams Idea pros and CG Reds can be found on the Sandtrap at... http://thesandtrap.com/category/reviews
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I have been looking for an iron set for a while now. i have been hitting old dunlop seve ballisteros? for about 2 years now. i would like something that i could improve with and i will not outgrow in a year. (so not like super game improvement) i am currently a 20 hcp but quickly improving. (im only 17 and been playing for 2 years). I am a relatively good ball striker and usually hit it straight. i still want some forgiveness too though.

I can't help with the irons - my irons are super-game improvement, and I'm just really beginning to look into the next set. But I can try to help you with the "cash flow at 17" problem. No, I'm not offering you a job (or an MLM). But I do have an income suggestion, though:

Is there some subject in school you're really good in, especially if it's math? If so, see if your school has a tutoring list, where people who need help can request a list of potential tutors. I made good money my last three years of high school - $15/hour one year, $20 the rest - tutoring students in every math up to pre-calculus. I also know some people who were good students but, rather than tutor high school, did a glorified babysitting where they helped middle school students with ADD accomplish their homework (sat with them, made sure they focused, etc). If you have a few hours a week and do this, you can probably afford a good set of irons by the time spring comes around. With three years' tutoring at high school, I had money for all my leisure hobbies (which admittedly didn't include golf at that age ) for those years and some money put aside to spend at college. And I'm sure your parents will be proud of you for earning money (if you don't already).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Try out the Cobra FP, Bridgestone GC Mid, and Wilson Ci6 ($300 at TGW). For the money, if there's a sport you're good at, (basketball for me) try and get a job coaching it. I spend 5 hrs a week coaching 6th graders (i'm 14), and get about $90 per week for it.

905R 10.5* Aldila NV 65
904F 15* Graphite Design YS-6+
NVG2 UT 17* Fujikura Triple Action
755 3-PW Trispec steel
52/08, 58/08 rac TP Wicked putter (model 1)

Try out the Cobra FP, Bridgestone GC Mid, and Wilson Ci6 (

What is TGW? I've been eyeing the Wilson Ci6's for my next iron set.

What's in my orange Callaway Warbird Hot:

Maltby CT250 11.5° - SK Fiber Pure Energy s-flex
Maltby CT250 18° - SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 s-flex
Taylor Made RAC OS2 3-PW - True Temper r-flexTitleist Vokey Satin 252.08 (bent to 49°) & Satin SM54.10Yes! Tiffany (center shafted)Top Flite D2 Feel...

a website
TGW.com

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

Figures. I thought it was an acronym for something. Guess that's what I get for thinking, hehe. Thanks.

What's in my orange Callaway Warbird Hot:

Maltby CT250 11.5° - SK Fiber Pure Energy s-flex
Maltby CT250 18° - SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 s-flex
Taylor Made RAC OS2 3-PW - True Temper r-flexTitleist Vokey Satin 252.08 (bent to 49°) & Satin SM54.10Yes! Tiffany (center shafted)Top Flite D2 Feel...

Try out the Cobra FP, Bridgestone GC Mid, and Wilson Ci6 ($300 at TGW). For the money, if there's a sport you're good at, (basketball for me) try and get a job coaching it. I spend 5 hrs a week coaching 6th graders (i'm 14), and get about $90 per week for it.

You get paid $90 a week for coaching 6th graders??? Wow, that's a NEW one on me in my 42 yrs on this earth...who pays ya your Mom and Dad? Not being a SMART A**, just never heard of that before. You're 14?

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Note: This thread is 5972 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!