IGNORED

Greeting from Houston

ULCajun
Note: This thread is 2477 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everyone,

After years of my dad and a couple of friends trying to get me into the game I finally bit. Thanks to Craigslist I was able to find a complete set of Adams clubs a couple of months ago. These include:

10.5* Driver

19* 3H

22* 4H

5-SW

Putter

I've watched countless YouTube videos on swings and took a lesson a couple of weeks ago that tied a lot of it in. I've learned to swing with my core/legs and not shoulders. Still have not played a round but would like to give 9 a go soon. My plan is to pick up a couple of the well known books to read. I am trying to decide if I should pick up a 3wood HL or 5wood at the moment as a supplement to learning Driver.

Currently splitting my time between learning and studying for my CPA so I do not have too much time to dedicate just yet but try to go to the range once a week. Sort of a stress relief at the moment. 

7 minutes ago, ULCajun said:

Hello everyone,

After years of my dad and a couple of friends trying to get me into the game I finally bit. Thanks to Craigslist I was able to find a complete set of Adams clubs a couple of months ago. These include:

10.5* Driver

19* 3H

22* 4H

5-SW

Putter

I've watched countless YouTube videos on swings and took a lesson a couple of weeks ago that tied a lot of it in. I've learned to swing with my core/legs and not shoulders. Still have not played a round but would like to give 9 a go soon. My plan is to pick up a couple of the well known books to read. I am trying to decide if I should pick up a 3wood HL or 5wood at the moment as a supplement to learning Driver.

Currently splitting my time between learning and studying for my CPA so I do not have too much time to dedicate just yet but try to go to the range once a week. Sort of a stress relief at the moment. 

Welcome to The Sand Trap! This is a great place to learn. Check out the other forums including Swing Thoughts and Member Swings. You can post video of your swings and get help there. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome from Wisconsin. I'm a Texas native now in wi and miss the area. I worked down in your area a lot. Find a nice 9 hole par 3 and get som practical application in. Reading and watching are great but you gotta see if you can put it all into motion. Or at least get to a driving range. Top golf is cool bar and driving range off of hwy 6 and I- 10. On the west side. I think super golf is over that way to. Otherwise you'll find the find great places south and north and a few inside the loop not much east. Well welcome and hope to hear more about your journey. Do miss the area 

Note: This thread is 2477 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!