IGNORED

Our little trip to Scotland

iSank
Note: This thread is 2432 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nice trip.  That is one place to which I want to return before I get too old and stiff.  Great that you got the obligatory Swilcan Bridge photo.  I have mine, too!

• Upvote 1

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nice to hear about a great trip.  You missed a great chance for another distillery, Glenmorangie at Tain.  That golf course is a little treasure, I thought, and Royal Dornoch is still my favorite, of all the courses I've ever played.  Congratulations on your 92 at the Old Course!  Only one question, did you ever get to that pub I recommended?

• Upvote 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

3 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

You missed a great chance for another distillery, Glenmorangie at Tain.  

That golf course is a little treasure, I thought, and Royal Dornoch is still my favorite, of all the courses I've ever played.

Only one question, did you ever get to that pub I recommended?

Mahalo @dennyjones @bkuehn1952& @DaveP043

We went into town for lunch at the pub and as it was graduation week, there was no parking any where near, we found a spot on the street but it wanted lbs, we searched the car, no lbs, so we had lunch at the Castle Course clubhouse. Graduation was the day we left, and it was a good day to leave.

have enjoyed Glenmorangie in the past, just haven't found one that I'm a fan of but I did have a dram that night and raised my glass to the 16 men of Tain.

Fully agree on Tain and RD. Being that I've spent a few moments on the ocean, the Links fairways look like a moment in time, a snapshot of what the ocean surface is, and while St Andrews is a nice easy breeze small waves, Tain is a small craft advisory. Big 10-15 ft surf, We had the course to ourselves, but at Royal Dornach players were stacked. As far as my ocean analogy on Royal Dornach I would say mostly 10-15 knots with an occasional Tsunami. 

Its a good day for golf!

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

3 hours ago, BerndCheeseburger said:

I am playing Brora in a competition in September and by the looks of your photos it looks interesting to say the least! Any tips or advice for the course?

Thanks! We had a beautiful day and didn't feel the wind too much until the 18th and then we were straight into a stiff breeze. The one thing I remember, and I'm hardly qualified for any golf advice, is that there were several 'run outs' on the fairways. 2,3,5,7,11 and I don't recall each but on the 3rd I had my best drive only to end up on the steep rough leading out of the gully, making it tough to reach the green 148 yds away. 

Have a great tournament! 

Aloha,

will

• Upvote 1

Here's the 3rd hole, thought I could make it with the prevailing breeze but stuck it in the far side wall of gully. 

FullSizeRender.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nice write up along with doctored photos!

With the weak British Pound at the moment, there will not be a better time to visit Scotland or indeed the rest of the UK to play our finest courses. Can't control the weather unfortunately, but that's all part of the fun. Looking forward to playing the old course at St Andrews next year.

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 2432 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!