IGNORED

going to golf school

dirtfrmr
Note: This thread is 5956 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

what kind of school? is it a PGM program?

-matt

Driver: 09 Burner 10.5 Aldila NV 65 X Stiff
3wd: G10 14* Aldila NV 85 X Stiff
Hybrid: G10 18* Aldila NV 105 X Stiff
3-PW: I10 X100
Wedge: Tour 52* & 58* S400Putter: Circa 62 No.2 35" Ball: Tour IXLowest 9 (-E) 36Lowest 18 (+2) 73

1. Leave your ego at home, let it rest for a few days.

2. Pack an open mind full of desire to learn.

3. Do whatever the instructors tell you to do (they'll tinker with grip, stance, ball position, backswing, followthrough, etc. Do what they say... it won't feel right, but do it anyway! On day two, it really wont feel right, remember you left your ego at home and do it anyway!

4. Resolve in your own mind that you're going home with a system to improve your game - write down the resolve that you have to continue doing what they told you to do until it begins to feel right, which will be awhile!

Otherwise, all of the money you spent on the school will be wasted!

i had a lesson with the pro at my club and he has been there for almost 30 years. he says my swing was too high and i dont turn my shoulders enough. he also changed my wrist position so i was laying the club off which for about 2 months made me worse. i am 6 foot 1 and he would be 5 foot 6. i think different swings suit different people and since i went back to my old swing i have been starting to get back to my original ball striking. i try to look at others and get their opinions and alter my current swing instead of completely altering it.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Go there just to learn new things. If you doubt about what they are telling you, you shouldn't do it because in your head, you'll be thinking "This ain't gonna work".

I went to a golf school for a week once... I remember that the guy wanted me to have a more flat swing, and I did it. What happened was that I started playing "Army Golf" (left, right, left, right...). This was 3 years ago, and if I kept with what my coach told me to do, I gess that by now, I could be close to scratch. It made me lose 1.5 years of my carreer.

What I mean is: you should do what you think is right. If you don't trust your coach, then change, or if you can't, just don't listen to the guy. Just pretend you do

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

your not gonna hit it perfectly the first time so dont get down
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

well thanks all

I got the red book to read
PGA manual by G wiren for fitness
The titlest web page TPI for fitness
An Open Mind and no ego

So Let's see how it works

will update after the school

Thanks again

Roy

Note: This thread is 5956 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!