IGNORED

Introducing Marc from Holland

Marc Krikke
Note: This thread is 2428 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi All.

I am Marc. 48 and very new to golf. As there is only one golfforum in Dutch I looked for a more active one ....
Hope it's ok for me to check in here and read, learn and participate ...... I'm doing good enough in english but if you see huge errors .. please let me know :D

I just played a few weeks ago for the first time with an introduction clinic and was hooked from the start.
Luckily my wife also :). At this moment we are working on our .... euh .... getting our first handicap (sorry not sure how it's called).
When I was younger I lived near a golf course ... but in these days golf was for rich people only which i was not ........
Still not rich but doing good enough to afford playing golf.

I first started with a second hand golfclubset what I got but it was very old, Somewhere from 1990 :) .... The groves where worn out so, the grip was bad.
So after plying a par3 course I decided to get a full set for beginners so I don't have to hit the ball perfect.
I got the Wilson X31 2017 edition. Bought gloves, balls and started a beginners class with my wife.
In the meantime i'm playing on different par3 courses and practise my swing on the driving range ....

I also have other hobbies ..... I keep en breed different species off snakes (no venomous), i play competitive table-tennis and have a lot more animals in the house (a spider, tortoises, guinea pigs, gerbils, 2 cats and a sea-tank).

If any questions ..... please let me know.

Edited by Marc Krikke

Welcome, Marc!!

Sounds like your house is always full of interesting sights (and perhaps smells!). We have trouble here keeping up with the messes of just 2 cats. 

Good to have you here posting.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 minutes ago, RandallT said:

Welcome, Marc!!

Sounds like your house is always full of interesting sights (and perhaps smells!). We have trouble here keeping up with the messes of just 2 cats. 

Good to have you here posting.

Yeah you have to watch the smells .....
But because everything is in the living room you will notice quick enough something needs cleaning :).
I am busy cleaning, feeding almost every day ... but it's something I love to do.

Welcome!  :beer:

We have a number of Dutch members on the forum, as well as a small but vocal fan base for Joost Luiten.  Don't worry about your English.  It's much better than most of our Dutch!

:-) 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

34 minutes ago, Marc Krikke said:

Yeah you have to watch the smells .....
But because everything is in the living room you will notice quick enough something needs cleaning :).
I am busy cleaning, feeding almost every day ... but it's something I love to do.

You might enjoy this older thread. I've been contemplating solutions for years on how to handle cat waste the best. I cannot imagine the challenges you must face.

Regarding golf, you might want to check out a ton of instruction-related threads here (also found under "Info/Instructional Content" in the menu at the top):

That will give you a sense of the philosophy and specifics that you tend to get from the experts who have been on the site a long time.

I can't stress enough that I wish I had better understood 2 things right off the bat: a functional grip and good posture. So easy to learn, but I ignored it. You'll find those two things there.

And then I think reading through the rest of those threads over time, you'll get a feel for how to practice, as well as a methodology for the important things in your form: keeping your head relatively steady, shifting your weight forward on the downswing, etc.

Eventually, you might consider creating a "Member Swing" thread, found here: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/forum/13-member-swings/.  Even if you and your wife have an instructor, the swing thread gives us a chance to talk specifics about you and your game, and you'll get to know more people. 

See you around!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Note: This thread is 2428 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!