IGNORED

Iffy fitting session

Note: This thread is 2430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi All,

Your advice is requested. I am playing again for the first time in 6 or 7 years, and picked up a cheap, old Ping G5 driver at the start of the season. It was 13º and lite-reg flex. Once I knew I was going to keep playing (who was I kidding!), I had a successful fitting session for some mizuno irons (standard lie, stiff shafts), but went somewhere else for my driver.

I ended up buying a new M2, 10.5º in the stock stiff shaft, but I just can't get the distance regularly. With the G5 I was knocking it regularly 260+, where as most of my shots with the M2 are shorter, maybe 240. Disbursement is better, and the launch looks lower, so I'm not grumbling too much, but I wonder if I've been miss-fit and if thats the case then what I should do?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Dan Vesma

M2 10.5, Old Bendy Fazer 3W, Mizuno MP-59 Irons, Cheapy Wedges & Monza Rossa Putter
Back playing after 6 years, no hcp yet, just lots of shouting

• Administrator

Very few golfers who can hit the ball 260 fit into a 13° driver.

Most likely you have some things going on in your swing that the 13° driver masks that the M2/10.5° is probably a better fit, overall.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Most likely you have some things going on in your swing that the 13° driver masks that the M2/10.5° is probably a better fit, overall.

So down to see the pro, rather than back to see the fitter?

Dan Vesma

M2 10.5, Old Bendy Fazer 3W, Mizuno MP-59 Irons, Cheapy Wedges & Monza Rossa Putter
Back playing after 6 years, no hcp yet, just lots of shouting

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Dan Vesma said:

So down to see the pro, rather than back to see the fitter?

Or post a Member Swing topic here.

https://thesandtrap.com/forums/forum/13-member-swings/

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Sounds like you got fit for your irons but not your M2 driver...correct?  

I'd take your both drivers to your fitter and let him have his way with u.

I did that and was more than pleased.

I had a fitting yesterday, and none of the new drivers (M2, Epic,Ping400) were significantly better than my Ping G20. The M2 was the shortest one of the bunch.

Note: This thread is 2430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!