IGNORED

Music on the Course - When Did This Become a Thing?

wedge player
Note: This thread is 1067 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

a little Journey, perhaps?

That's the first thing I thought of too! "So let's dance!" "Anyway you want it, that's the way you need it..."

I have never tried it, but I think it would be distracting. I think you should focus on whatever you are doing 100%. If I listen to music, I won't be 100% focused on my game. Not for me.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

I did at golf school this summer, it was nice to tune everyone out and just practice. However, if I am playing with a group I ususally just leave it at home.

i play "over the hill and far far away" for my drives

for irons, i listen to "battle of evermore"

for bunkers, its "all along the watchtower"

for putts, its "foxy lady"

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

I dont listen to music while playing golf and I think it would be too much of a distraction. Not to mention you arent going to hear if someone yells, "fore".

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I've been thinking about giving this a try, but generally I like to enjoy the ambience of the course. Plus, I'd imagine it would distract me unless I stuck exclusively to instrumentals and foreign-language songs.

Maiden.... Course my ipod got stolen so its been a while since Aces High as been played on a golf course now.

Clubs I havent thrown in a lake yet

Driver: R7 CGB max 9.5*
Woods: R5 3, and 5 woods
Hybrids: Rescue Burner 22*, 25*Irons: CG Red 6 - PWWedges: CG12 52*, 56*, 60*Putter: 1 of 100 handmade pebble beach http://scottycameronblog.com/2007/09...pebble-beach/#Vegas golf sucks!!

when i make a long putt, i listen to "sweet child of mine"

when i miss a three foot putt, its "dark side of the moon"

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

• 3 weeks later...
I have a golf playlist on my ipod. It's all slow tempo'd songs. I tend to rush on the course and the music really gets me to slow down.
Driver 983k 9.5°
3 Wood 906f2 15°
5 wood 906f2 18°
Irons 735 3-pw S300, Golf Pride Tour Velvet cord
Wedges Spin Milled 53°, Spin Milled 59°Putter Studio Select Newport 2Goals for '10:1. Get down to scratch or better

I have a golf playlist on my ipod. It's all slow tempo'd songs. I tend to rush on the course and the music really gets me to slow down.

i also have a playlist titled golf music on my ipod lol.but its all hard rock

Here is the list.

Hotel CaliforniaEagles
In The Summertime Mungo Jerry
Hey There Delilah Plain White T's
This TownFrank Sinatra
You Make Me Feel So YoungFrank Sinatra
Drift Away Dobie Gray
Bye Bye Miss American PieDon McLean
1234Feist
100 YearsFive For Fighting
You're Gonna Miss ThisTrace Adkins
I'm YoursJason Mraz
LuckyJason Mraz
Banana PancakesJack Johnson
Sitting, Waiting, Wishing Jack Johnson
TaylorJack Johnson
FlakeJack Johnson
Driver 983k 9.5°
3 Wood 906f2 15°
5 wood 906f2 18°
Wedges Spin Milled 53°, Spin Milled 59°Putter Studio Select Newport 2Goals for '10:1. Get down to scratch or better

Here is the list.

this is mine Creed - My Sacrifice - Creed - I'm Eighteen Evanescence - Wake me up inside Finger Eleven - Falling On Hinder - Get Stoned.mp3 Linkin Park - Given Up Nickelback - Fight For All The Wrong Reasons Nickelback - Hero Papa Roach scars Papa Roach - last resort Rehab - Kick My Ass Saliva - click click boom Staind - Outside Three Days Grace - Pain Three Days Grace - Never Too Late Three Days Grace - I Hate Everything About You three Doors Down - Kryptonite Three Doors Down - Let Me Go Three Doors Down17 Days nickleback - someday 10 Years - Beautiful Green Day - Brain Stew

I could never do that. I'd be layin the sod over the ball all day long. Haha Not to mention missin every putt bc I couldnt calm down enough. Good playlist though I think Im gonna steal it.
Driver 983k 9.5°
3 Wood 906f2 15°
5 wood 906f2 18°

I could never do that. I'd be layin the sod over the ball all day long. Haha Not to mention missin every putt bc I couldnt calm down enough. Good playlist though I think Im gonna steal it.

go for it might help ya out lol good fast tempo

do you listen to music while playing golf i do if so wat kind i like lisnin to rock while i play

I do not own an ipod. However, I have memorized the background music for the Sybervision DVD while Al Geiberger repeatedly swung his club in perfect balance, tempo, and rhythm. The heck with power and smashing the ball. I would rather execute a smooth, rhythmic swing. It is more consistent than one where I try to smash the ball.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

i dont really like to listen to music while im actually playin on the course cause i like to hear the feedback of the shot. but i will listen to music when im warming up so i can get the feel of the club. and depending on what mood im in ill either listen to heavy rock or country music. the rock gets me pumped up but the country keeps me calm and focused.
Driver: Taylormade R9
fairway wood: Cleveland Launcher 15 degree
hybrid: titleist 585 17
irons: Taylormade mb tp smoke 3-pw
wedges: Titleist vokey wedgesputter:sc ss newport 2, 34"Bag: ping vantage bag(team bag)

I've taken to listening to my mp3 player at the range lately because I'm tired of having to hear other peoples loud conversations or cell phone chatter. The range near me doesn't really enforce the "Quiet Please" signs all over.

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

Note: This thread is 1067 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!