IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge September 2017

iacas
Note: This thread is 2361 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sept. 17

Practiced putting for about 20 minutes after church. Have been inconsistent with newly regripped putter, good holes, then sloppy holes then good again.

This putter is more upright than my old one, and I'm getting pretty well a straight-back, straight forward stroke. I had been missing putts to the left lately (as opposed to early spray misses). So, I moved ball back from left heel to about 1" in front of center. This got the putts on better line. (I used advice I got on stopping hooks with driver - don't place ball too far forward or you will move left due to closing of clubface).

Also getting a better touch on long putts with TST advice: I match backswing to followthrough and don't accelerate.  

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Practicing tempo with just a swing motion. Will be practicing this with a metronome for the remainder of the week in China.

Edited by Lihu

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Sept. 18

Went to the gym at lunchtime.

Routine included the 8-station TrueStretch golf workout.

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

9/18/17:

Continued work on my full swing wedges. Holding the club as I'm holding Alina's hand. Still needs work, however, loosening my grip did seem to help. So I will continue to work on it.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

On 9/18/2017 at 4:23 AM, Lihu said:

Practicing tempo with just a swing motion. Will be practicing this with a metronome for the remainder of the week in China.

I'm in a hotel in HK at 1:08am doing practice swings with the chair drill and a metronome just to get my tempo dialed in a bit.

I should probably get some sleep for my early flight and factory visit right after lunch, but I can't fall asleep. . . :-P

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

9/19/17:

Slow swings at work, mostly continued on my tempo and light grip pressure drills with my spatula.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

8 hours ago, Lihu said:

I'm in a hotel in HK at 1:08am doing practice swings with the chair drill and a metronome just to get my tempo dialed in a bit.

I should probably get some sleep for my early flight and factory visit right after lunch, but I can't fall asleep. . . :-P

Yeah, just made it to the airport, was running late and the taxis wouldn't take me 1.5 miles. Got my aerobic workout and Apple/Activitues says I ran 4 miles with a backpack on. The comments say "Keep it up" :-P

Mentally visualizing the practice swings with my metronome running.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Sept. 19

Watched a Hogan method video for 10 minutes on palms up, palms down action in the golf swing. Gave interesting ideas on hand-loading and waiter's tray position preceding downswing motion: It reminds me of the diagonal sweet spot video which Erik and Dave did for 5SK series.

I bought a used Tour Burner 9.5 driver and it arrived the other day. The past two days I spent my lunch hitting acorns and hickory nuts off the lawn. I will continue this today in preparation for hitting the range to compare this, the Burner 10.5, Callaway Warbird 9 and the Taylor R540 9.5 to see how my fast swing deals with these drivers.

More metronome work on my swing tempo.

100 bpm seems good for now...

Edited by Lihu

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Sept. 20

Busy day before and at work.

using office door as a mirror, practiced and checked takeaway, top position, and then hip kick to make sure hands don't get ahead of everything. Got in 5 minutes.

Will be at work until 10 PM.

9/20/17:

More slow swings with lighter grip pressure. I'm trying to feel as I have control of the clubhead by actually being able to feel the weight of it. It's nice because since I've started working specifically on this particular point. It's really starting to feel as if I cannot hit a "terrible" shot. I am going to try to play tomorrow or Friday, see how this works on the course.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

15 hours ago, Lihu said:

More metronome work on my swing tempo.

100 bpm seems good for now...

Getting up to about 110 bpm. Seems like 120 will be as fast as I ever need. So my swing will take around 3 to 4 seconds to the finish?

Edited by Lihu

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Sept. 21

Stopped at course after work. Practiced 8i chip shots and up-and-downs (chip and putter) for 15 minutes.

On chip shots, I have bad habit of focusing on cup rather than the desired landing point along way to cup. Still had some mental error chips despite today's focus.

9/21/17:

Played 27 Holes in 4 hours today. Wedges are better... But it seems I'm weakening my grip, not just loosening it. I struggled for a bit with the driver, but got a nice groove going the last 9 holes. Where I hit driver, wedge pretty much the last four par-fours (I hit 7-iron to the sixth), I actually trusted myself to hit an actual pitch shot on the first and holed it out for a par... (I had a run in with trees).... I've got to play a little more.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

On 9/20/2017 at 8:46 PM, Lihu said:

Getting up to about 110 bpm. Seems like 120 will be as fast as I ever need. So my swing will take around 3 to 4 seconds to the finish?

I can't believe the airport driving range at HKG closed down. :-(

Interspersing blogging and practice swings in a quiet part of secured area of the airport. No guards came by asking what I was doing, yet. Wireless headphones can play the metronome and music at the same time, but if the tempos are different then it gets confusing. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

9/22/17:

More work today on wedges and short irons up to about an 8-iron. The focus was lighter grip pressure with work on A1-A4. Making sure I have a slight pause at the top of the backswing so that I can get my timing more correct... I think I can get around the course with a 10:00-2:00 swing with every club. Including the long clubs, without losing very much distance,

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Note: This thread is 2361 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!