IGNORED

What tee time service do you use?

Old Golfer
Note: This thread is 2360 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On November 3, 2017 at 4:13 PM, Old Golfer said:

Got a few questions. I live in Queens, NY and would like to know what tee time service would you recommend to book tee times? I've looked at GolfNow and TeeOff.

My other question is I would like to play at least 1 round before the winter sets in, but I'm just beginning golf again after an 8 year layoff, with a new swing and new equipment. I was new to golf 8 years ago. My dilemma is that I haven't been to a range yet. I've just been hitting balls into a practice net in my backyard. Should I forget about playing a round until next year or go for it? Just asking?

Half of the bethpage courses (including the black) close down in a couple weeks i think, so you'll have to get going if you want to play out there. But really, if you don't need to play in the morning, you can ditch the websites. You can usually walk onto just about any of the publics in the boroughs and long island in the early afternoon. But this time of year though, you may need to get in by 12 if you want to get all 18 in. A little more tricky. At bethpage, there is usually a overhead monitor where you buy your ticket which you can see the available tee times.  

3 hours ago, Lihu said:

Not sure how convenient this is for you, but https://www.golfzing.com/pclatourette

$40 a month for players club and you can play cheap and get $20 of range balls per day, and weekly clinics.

Probably wouldn't be worth it for me, because my time is so limited. Thanks though for the info.

10 hours ago, rehmwa said:

Normally, the service just books at the normal rate, then you also pay extra for the service.  No point in doing that if I can just make a phone call.

So I'll use any tee time service I can find to see if there are available times in my area - it's quicker than going to every individual local course and looking it up on each website..  Only if there is a super cheap option, I'll use the service (Hot Deals comes to mind - I've gotten great deals there).

Usually, once I find a fairly empty course, my tee time service is.........the telephone.  Or I just show up.

Exactly my point. I book the Hot Deals and have gotten rounds at courses for less than half of what they usually charge! Hey, I'm retired and on a fixed income. I'm always looking for a deal! The only thing is the Hot Deal has to be paid for up front. So, I put it on my credit card and collect everybody's share at the course.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Exactly my point. I book the Hot Deals and have gotten rounds at courses for less than half of what they usually charge! Hey, I'm retired and on a fixed income. I'm always looking for a deal! The only thing is the Hot Deal has to be paid for up front. So, I put it on my credit card and collect everybody's share at the course.

Yup - and you know I got $15 fees (w cart) at Fowler's Mill.  It's deals like that keeping me checking, you never know what'll show up.  The best so far was $5 at a fairly higher end local track (normally $60)

Here's another trick - some course don't show up on GolfNow just with a search radius criteria.  You have to type the course name specifically.  I've seen deals for very private courses that way - not sure how they show there, but likely member passes are sometimes given to the website....maybe?

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 11/6/2017 at 11:26 AM, Lihu said:

Not sure how convenient this is for you, but https://www.golfzing.com/pclatourette

$40 a month for players club and you can play cheap and get $20 of range balls per day, and weekly clinics.

Unfortunately this won't work for me. My time is extremely limited with a lot of commitments. 

Note: This thread is 2360 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!