IGNORED

Adam Scott Returning to the Long Putter

iacas
Note: This thread is 2106 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Very frustrating dealing with anyone that's a know it all and very condescending. Now I remember why I haven't been back to post here in over a year.   

Hate crowned cups.

15 minutes ago, disco111 said:

Very frustrating dealing with anyone that's a know it all and very condescending. Now I remember why I haven't been back to post here in over a year.   

Condescending? Just making his argument no? Look, I’ve been the biggest pain in the ass with anchoring and I don’t think @iacashas been ‘condescending’ at all. He made logical replies to your statements in a straight forward way yeah?

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, disco111 said:

It's not being a know-it-all to state a fact.

Sorry, it's blunt, but… you're wrong. The USGA/R&A may not have liked how it looked, maybe they didn't care… but that wasn't the driving factor behind why they made the change. They made the change because they didn't think a stroke anchored directly or indirectly to the body (anything above the elbow) was a "stroke" - it didn't provide enough "freedom."

This comes straight from the horse's mouth: several members of the Rules committee with the USGA, with whom I've either contacted, know professionally, have worked with at USGA/PGA Rules Seminars, etc.

Your understanding of why they changed the rule is incorrect. You can be a big man and admit it, or call me names and run away. I suspect you'll stick with the latter.

@Vinsk, I don't know when that's from. Details?

All I'll say is that it looks bad, but since his routine is to make a practice stroke anchored, then un-anchor to hit the actual putt, a forearm with a bit of sweat on it could easily "stick" to the shirt enough to keep it there for a legal, un-anchored stroke.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

It's not being a know-it-all to state a fact.

Sorry, it's blunt, but… you're wrong. The USGA/R&A may not have liked how it looked, maybe they didn't care… but that wasn't the driving factor behind why they made the change. They made the change because they didn't think a stroke anchored directly or indirectly to the body (anything above the elbow) was a "stroke" - it didn't provide enough "freedom."

This comes straight from the horse's mouth: several members of the Rules committee with the USGA, with whom I've either contacted, know professionally, have worked with at USGA/PGA Rules Seminars, etc.

Your understanding of why they changed the rule is incorrect. You can be a big man and admit it, or call me names and run away. I suspect you'll stick with the latter.

@Vinsk, I don't know when that's from. Details?

All I'll say is that it looks bad, but since his routine is to make a practice stroke anchored, then un-anchor to hit the actual putt, a forearm with a bit of sweat on it could easily "stick" to the shirt enough to keep it there for a legal, un-anchored stroke.

Yes I apologize for lack of details. I’ll find it as it was recent (past 6 weeks) and I actually made a video somewhere. That was his stroke throughout the entire putt. It wasn’t a practice stroke. I’ll get back with better info. For my word I stood there and watched this live on tv and remember it clearly being a real putt so I rewinded it and took those pics.

: It was from the Charles Schwab Cup 2017. Gonna look for video.

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 12/31/2017 at 6:29 PM, Vinsk said:

That finely pressed shirt has a nice wrinkle in it where it’s very suspect to me that his forearm is in contact with his body. That slick water-wicking shirt would not hold that wrinkle from only contact by his arm and no body contact involved. This was taking immediately after contacting the ball. His arm never flinched nor moved away from his chest from backstroke to the follow through. 

C0AC9BAD-6AA5-440E-8990-EB496D1B587F.jpeg

62F12A1D-FB6E-48CB-96BE-20293EF4B93B.jpeg

Note how the outermost wrinkle is distorted due to the pressure from his wrist. You cannot make a moisture wicking shirt do this without pressing down on it. It’s obvious if he dropped his left arm the outermost wrinkle would go away. Anyone? 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Note how the outermost wrinkle is distorted due to the pressure from his wrist. You cannot make a moisture wicking shirt do this without pressing down on it. It’s obvious if he dropped his left arm the outermost wrinkle would go away. Anyone? 

The post you quoted is from 2017 (your own).

Move on, man.

Cripes.

P.S. I could absolutely get a shirt to stay like that even if I'm not anchoring.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2106 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!