IGNORED

Anyone is still gaming the OG RBZ 3 wood?

Note: This thread is 2341 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

40 minutes ago, BogeyWorkman said:

Just curious if anyone is still gaming the original RBZ 3 wood and if you have any comparisons to current 3 woods.  I got rid of mine and I think I want it back! 

I play the original RBZ set, but minus the 3W and driver.  I had been hitting the 4I hybrid off the tee for almost two years because I struggle with the driver.  On a lark a few weeks ago, I decided I wanted to try bringing a 3W into the mix again and got fit for the Ping G400.  I'm absolutely stroking it ... and to me, it seems as easy to hit as the RBZ hybrid.  I highly recommend giving it a shot.

I struggled through one season with the RBZ 3W.HL and 5W.HL. The stock shaft was only 45 grams, and the non-tour head had a draw bias, so I was having trouble with serious left misses (as in OB).

It was a weird club: OK off the tee or out of light rough, but a disaster off the fairway.

The follow-on RBZ Stage 2 had a 60-gram shaft and a more neutral head, and flew better. BUT, the TM rep was so non-committal on trade in that I switched to Tour Edge XRail 4W and 7W. (TE gave me twice the trade-in TM was willing to offer).

Played XRails for four seasons, and then shifted to Alpha 815s. (I keep the XRails as backup).

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, cooke119 said:

get one cheap on eBay. 

... and at one of the second-hand sports shops. Just make sure you don't overpay.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2341 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!