IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 141 (03 Nov 22) - Went to the range for the first time in quite a while.  Started with my warm-up routine of a few balls each with a wedge, iron, fairway, driver.  I then “played” the course while on the range.  I know which clubs I typically play on each hole, so each shot was with a different club.  (Even played a penalty on “18” as I pulled the drive that on the course would be a wet ball (lake runs down the left side). Used the yardage markers as “flags”.  Pushes and pulls were treated as missed fairways needing “recovery” shots. If I hit it heavy or thinned an approach, I played one of the wedges for as up and down scramble.  Followed the “round” with chips and putts on the practice green  to end the session.  

Edited by WillieT
grammar

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 3, November 3, 2022

Played 18 holes at Kahkwa today with @Spct72 and @RJohn23. Made five birdies and generally hit the ball pretty well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 237.  This morning was a Fit for Golf winter strength workout.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 142 (04 Nov 22) - Focused on post impact finish (rotating thru) while doing setup drill work.  Hit around 30 shots with 7i and hard foam balls.  Finished the day’s drills with pitches into the saucer swing with the 54deg and Birdie Balls.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 4, November 4, 2022

Played ~16 holes with @DrizZzY at Whispering Woods. Birdied #16, so added that to the list.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Today was one of those days where the five minute challenge kept me practicing when I might otherwise have said nah.  Long day, but just the same:

Day 238.  After work, five minutes hitting quarter shots with the 58 indoors, off a mat, into the net.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 5, November 5, 2022

Practiced a little with the Swing Extender because I'm trying to improve upon it quite a bit, but also… because it's relevant to what I'm doing.

Day 143 (05 Nov 22) - played late afternoon round (literally last cart out) dodging a few rain showers.  Greens were super soft, fairways were good so no need for preferred lies,  did take a while to get the putting speeds figured out.  Good day to work on course management.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 239.  Fit for Golf Winter Strength workout in the afternoon.  I took way too long doing this and was not properly timing myself, extending rest periods, not because I needed them but because I kept getting distracted.   Fortunately it's a home gym so I wasn't causing anyone else to not get to use equipment.

-- Michael | My swing! 

day 1 (in this list.. I've been practicing or playing 6 times a week for the past months)..

We had the last day of our matchplay-ladder-competition today. I was rank 13 and had to defend my place against number 16. Managed to win 2&1.

cheers Chris

• Administrator

Day 6, November 6, 2022

Taught the junior elite players all day, then spent 15-20 minutes working on my swing myself afterward. Feeling pretty good about things, TBH.

Day 144 (Nov 06 22)  - worked on upper body rotation thru finish in front of the mirror.  Used the 8i behind the back locked in the elbows to help facilitate.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 145 (07 Nov 22) - inside chipping drill today w/8i and whiffle balls (helps to have a 30’ hall that is 4’ wide) w/grandson.  Worked on landing close to target w/enough backspin to check and hold.  Good drill on rotation they rather than flipping of wrists to make shot. 

Edited by WillieT
Grammar

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 7, November 7, 2022

Played 18 holes today. Really need to get the wrist conditions under control, and by proxy, the right elbow stuff. The good news is I know I can do it, because I did it before.

day 2, spent about 2 hours on the range to practice an adjustment I have done with my pro a few days ago, so I stop rotating my wrist

cheers Chris

Day 146 (08 Nov 22) - Work in the backyard with the 9i and 50 making chips from about 15 to 25 yds to get ball to finish w/in 10’ of target.  Averaged 3 out of 7 (flights of 7) within the radius (proved how inaccurate I tend to be).  Drill included staying with full shot routine - grip, stance, torso rotation thru (to keep from being too handsy).  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

day 3 - spent just over 2 hours on the range.. started with the toptracer and practiced the small changes I have done to my takeaway.. this went quite well.. after the 55 minutes of the toptracer were up, I called in again at the reception to start it again and I played "closest to the pin" 

I did manage to break my driver shaft today (for the 3rd time since I started golf)

cheers Chris

• Administrator

Day 8, November 8, 2022

Played 18 holes at Cranberry Highlands today. Even though the greens were kinda rough (un-mown for a few days, aerated not too long ago), our group made a LOT of putts.