IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 4: 3/23/2023

I didn't make it to the outdoor range today. ... Time kind of got away from me. 

I did get in the garage net and work on my priority pieces. 

I'm going to try to get some video this week end to check my progress. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 81: Mirror work again. Still working on downswing stuff. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 8:

Long day at work so needed to decompress whacking balls into a net. Afterward, did more focused work with almost golf balls, working on downswing feel. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 144, March 24, 2023

Took yesterday off for my birthday, but put in a good 35 minutes today. Back wasn't feeling great (had to do something to sleep that guaranteed that) so… Whatever. Not bad, though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 27 (24 Mar 23) - Worked on hip - torso - shoulder sequencing today.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 3: same old same old. Slow swings working on the hips. Putting a little more speed into the swings as the practice goes on. Got clarification on my feels, which was good. 

I’ll also do some specific drills during commercials of the Sweet Sixteen games. Just exaggerating the motion. 

Day 5: 3/24/2023

Made it to the outdoor range today. Hit balls in the wind. Worked on my new priority pieces as well as trying to hit targets with pretty much every club in the bag. Over all a productive range session. 

Day 82: Putting work. Practice on my mat - focused still on set up and stroke being more straight back and through. 

-- Daniel

Day 7:

Not seeing my post from yesterday. Guess I didn't hit the reply button.

Yesterday: Long day at work dealing with a semi-crisis, so just hit a bunch of balls swinging as hard as I could to decompress. Maybe I can call this a speed training session. After that I relaxed for awhile and then hit some almost golf balls working on my downswing feel/move.

Today: Hit almost golf balls working on downswing feel. Frustrated working on this lately. For about 10 days everything has felt in sync, but now arms, torso, and legs seem to be fighting against one another. I'm going to allow myself to be frustrated and not frantically search for instant gratification. Ground is still too wet to set up camera, so I haven't checked myself in motion yet. Likely getting something wrong.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 1: Stack Foundation #3. Maxed out again at 98. Forgot my glove until the second session! Considering changing the grip to match my Driver- Jumbomax Ultralight small.

I practice putting every night focusing on start line either on a ruler or through putting gates. Bought a sleeve of TM Tour Response balls to check roll and test the feel at my new slower swing speed 😳. I always bat balls back towards the gates when I retrieve them and noticed that when I putted sidesaddle they rolled perfectly.

Rolled at least a dozen more sets through the medium gates with perfect roll on all but 5! So excited, I asked my wife to come to the den and watch the roll. She was not as impressed as I was!

(Technically I’m on a streak since I’ve been doing this challenge for a few weeks at least. But, since I’ve not been recording it…)

Day 1: 25 March

Had golf lesson, followed by personal range time. Really pleased to see my club path with mid-iron down where we want it to be (after 30 shots the worst was -3.3). Continuing to work on dropping my hands in the backswing to create a better club path - club head speed is decent, but that’ll come with time and practice. Ball strike sound so much crisper.

Also did plenty of 3-wood practice (driver is a work-in-progress!). Ball flight is a lot better but can still leak out right if I’m not careful. But given that 6 months ago I was petrified of anything longer than a 5-wood it’s still really good progress.

Day 1 3/25

Worked with short club on weak grip I have recently switched to. Did 5 minutes of back swing feels swinging slowly followed by 5 minutes of transition/footwork into follow through.  This will be the crux of my work going forward. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Day 2: Practice 2 hours at RiverFalls.  Eager to test my sidesaddle putting (not ready for prime time, but rolled it well, just too long!); and my driver swing speed after a few Stack sessions showed my swing speed at 98. 

Good range session, and my driver swing speed was around 104-105, which is what it was in late January.  Happy with 90% of my range session. Little rusty due to lack of play this year. 

Day 6: 3/25/2023

Putting drills today. First the mirror and then the gates. 
Pretty much did that Day-15 thing from The COVID-19 30 day training plan. 

I had hoped to get to the range and get some video of my priority pieces, but the day just got away from me. 

Day 28 (25 Mar 23) - Worked on ball first - ground second impact drill.  Focused on starting with club position at impact and working backward.  All in slower motion, 1/4 swing mode. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 145, March 25, 2023

Good 30+ minutes after goofing around and playing nine holes of sim golf and then some challenges on Awesome Golf.

Not happy with how today went, but saw some good signs at the end. Just have to slow down, back up a step, and go from there.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 4: Did my usual slow motion swings. Still working on being lateral with the hips and not letting my hips come towards the ball or get to far behind me. 

Also started to work on some putting. Just swinging from coin to coin. New concept as I always tried to accelerate through the putt. Probably why I sucked at lag putting. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 83: Did a very cold range session. Worked my priority piece drill and filmed a bit. Then went to the putting green and filmed as well.

-- Daniel