IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 609, July 4, 2024

Went to Golf Evolution to replace the batteries in one UPS, add another UPS, and to practice. Felt good about what I was doing, so kept it to a focused, tight 25-minute session.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 25:  Went to the range super early before it got too hot.  Hit a couple buckets, one with my 7i and one with my driver.  

I may not hit the ball far, but at least I find all of the pretty flowers. 

day 4, July 4th, did some drills inside due to the rain. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 63 (4 Jul 24) -  long family day, did squeeze in some rolls of the putter.  Practiced lagging to set distances using the bedroom carpet as a “slow green. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 83:

Headed out to the valley for a 7/4 pool party where it was 108 degrees so didn’t feel like practicing. Did some indoor putting before bed after getting home. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 610, July 5, 2024

Played 18 at Whispering Woods with @DrizZzY. Gotta simplify - do less.

extra too much GIF

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 5, just working on downswing piece with the 6 iron. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Day 64 (5 Jul 24) - Family golf day (niece, her husband, grandson). Busy day on the course, so it was more about just relaxed play.  Long approach game was off - still managed a solid 86 (43/43) - big take away from the day: consistent scoring on both sides, wedge game and putting saved the day….

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 84:

Played 18, luckily early enough to finish before temps got into the 110s (was around 105 F when we putted out on 18). Hit a bunch of really good shots, so I’m feeling good about progress. Still have a handful of terrible swings per round that cost me strokes, need to clean those up. 

-Peter

Day 65 (6 Jul 24) -  Attended a local festival today and my grandson, naturally, found a temporary 9 hole putt-putt course (at least they had "real" metal head putters).  We had a blast playing this little setup.  He outputted me I had 4 holes in on, and he had 6....gotta love you talent...

.May be an image of 6 people, people golfing, golf cart, golf course and text

• Like 1

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 26:  chipping practice in the backyard this morning

I may not hit the ball far, but at least I find all of the pretty flowers. 

• Administrator

Day 611, July 6, 2024

Practiced for ten minutes downtown after lessons with the QM. Then went to Whispering Woods to hit on the range.

Managed to get entirely lost after about 30 balls. So, dialed it back down to some wedges. Set up a station with two alignment sticks. Moved on to 9I. Moved on to 7I. Hit some 4I. Hit some hybrids. Hit a few drivers (still feels odd to do it with a longer club).

Turned a D range session into a B+. Will grind a bit tomorrow.

Day 85:

Did about 20 minutes of short game practice, working on lower trajectory shots.

Also did some 6-iron and driver full swing practice after dinner. 

-Peter

Day 6, did some slow motion work while cooking ribs for an evening get together with friends. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag