IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 27:  Early morning at the range to beat the heat.  Bucket with my irons and a bucket with my driver.  

I may not hit the ball far, but at least I find all of the pretty flowers. 

Day 86:

Played 18 this morning at my home course. Approach play was poor, short game was decent and kept score from getting out of hand.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 7, 

Some indoor practice after getting the yard mowed and stabbing myself with a briar bush removal near my back fence. 

Stop the swing at A3, right palm down to the ground at A6. Backswing length + downswing priority. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Day 612, July 7, 2024

Went downtown for about four hours this morning. Settled in with some 9I, hit a lot of 6I, hit some more 9I near the end, and finished up with a few drivers (before a palate cleansing 6I). I'll post over in my Member Swing topic with a few pictures from GSPro, but… overall, pretty good. Not quite where I'd like it, but essentially, I have to re-acquaint myself with the idea that the face needs to feel 45° open at impact.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 1 - played 9 holes. Reviewed basics: grip, alignment, wide take away back & up with left arm straight with right elbow extended. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 66 (7 Jul 24) - easy mirror work, focused on weight shift.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 181 - Warmed up with some pitching, main focus was impact positions. Some good partial swings have me feeling like I’m progressing well, just need that to transfer to the full swing. 

Day 67 (8 Jul 24) - Pitching work in the backyard with the PW - ball position/ball flight correlation work - ball back (near trail foot - lower flight); ball center (mid stance - normal flight); ball forward (near lead foot - more lofted flight)…worked to stay away from “trying to help it in the air” syndrome…

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 7, did a short range session working on the downswing priority piece. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 28:  putting in the garage 

I may not hit the ball far, but at least I find all of the pretty flowers. 

Day 198: 7/8/24

Par4Success workout followed by slow motion swings with a PW. Hope to hit a few balls tomorrow after a long layoff.

• Administrator

Day 613, July 8, 2024

Played 18 holes, then went to the range to hit 8 balls (five drivers, three 3W).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 87:

Priority piece work, 9-3 swings with 7-iron. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 182 - More of the same; warmed up with some pitching before working on my priority piece. Slow, partial swings at first, then working up to full swings where I still feel like I’m getting the right impact position. 

Day 199: 7/9/24

Putting through 50 mm gates and slow motion swings. Completed a Par4Success workout.

Day 68 (9 Jul 24) - full day painting living room, afternoon rain added up to swing rehearsals in front of mirror with 8i….

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star