IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 18.  My usual, but it was more welcome today given the rain and cold outside.  A dozen balls, with rehearsal swings between them, slow, focus on the weight shift.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 31

Same feel drill as yesterday but hit about 50 balls with driver, half of them 50% speed, half full speed. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 19.  The usual:  after dinner, a dozen balls in the golf room.  Mostly the light practice ones, but I hit a few real ones too.  Off a mat, indoors, into a net.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 505

Rain ended, so I spent time with hitting my 6i and 7i and aiming at specific target lines.  Results were not too off, though the 7i was a tad more successful.  If rain holds, I will go through the weapons w/top tracker.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 20.  Work from home day, but especially with the weather, I was thankful for the new practice room.  A write-up for the new one is coming, probably next month.

Anyway, 6-iron, off a mat, into a net, with a mix of real and practice balls. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 32

Same feel drill as yesterday and the day before. Working with 7-iron and 4-iron this time, about 25 balls each.

-Peter

Day 21.  About to head out for the day, but while getting ready, I took a 5 minute break to use my indoor practice area.  The usual.  Maybe the weather will permit some balanced outdoor practice again soon...

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 33

Rain in the Bay Area today so worked on 6-10ft putts in my living room.

-Peter

Day 22.  Out for most of the day (holdover from yesterday), came home and promptly hit five minutes' worth of practice balls (indoors, off a mat, into a net). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 34

Missed a day (Sunday 12/1), but actually did practice yesterday, just forgot to post. Still on a streak, as this is only the second missed day since I started my streak.

Rain continuing in the Bay Area this morning so worked some slo-mo full swings with no ball, exaggerating the feel I learned in my last lesson. Also did some indoor putting practice. Then I had to ride my bike to work in the rain... 🌧️

-Peter

Day 23.  Want to guess what I did?  If you guessed indoor full swing, you'd be wrong today.

Spent 15 minutes putting;  no particular drills, but mostly 6' putts and then some 12-15'.  Former aiming to make (made a lot of the ones that weren't above the hole, and a good number that were), latter to get the ball to the hole and give it a chance.  Outdoors, real green, real balls, etc. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 35

Rain has stopped for now, but the yard is a soggy, muddy mess, so no outdoor practice option. Spend about 15 minutes before work practicing start line for putts in my living room, and doing some slow motion driver swings working on the feel from my lesson (trying to make it second nature, rather than having to think about it when swinging).

-Peter

Day 24.  Worked from home in the afternoon, found the time to take full swings (indoors, off a mat, into a net) with both real and practice balls.  I keep hitting the same spot in the net, which I believe is a good thing.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 36

Played a round today that ended up becoming a practice session. I was the first one at the course and today was a rainy and dreary day so the course was completely empty. I didn’t see or hear another soul until I got to #14 and saw a few more cars accumulating in the lot. Played three balls on each hole for the drives and approaches, and chips/pitches. Then putted out the first ball which I decided was the ball for shot tracking purpose. I worked on pre-shot routine and setup posture/alignment. 

-Peter

Day 25.  Finishing up some work at home after leaving the office.  It was raining.  I can still practice indoors -- two separate 5-minute sessions of full shots (indoors, off a mat, into the net, not real balls). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 37

Tiny break in the rainy weather today, so I braved the soggy yard to hit some balls off a mat into a net. Hit about 25 full swing 7-irons. Focus was on a deliberate and smooth movement, as I tend to get excited and rush through the backswing and transition.

-Peter

Day 26.  Brought my 9-iron up to join my 6-iron in my practice room.  Hit a dozen practice balls indoors tonight (off a mat, into a net) with the 9-iron.

-- Michael | My swing!