IGNORED

Have you ever been a member of a forum where you didn't fit in?

Jackal1966
Note: This thread is 2291 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Groucho Valentine said:

See what i mean. Look at this fools words. 

I've been right every year you've been here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

47 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Nah, I’m pissed that they can’t accept that it’ll be the Dodgers :-D

Turners beard needs to grow at least another 5 inches first. 

46 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

What is really crazy is that they don't believe that next years Super Bowl will be the Lions and the Browns

and by next year I mean next decade no make that century, eh maybe millennia

Maybe 2054. The centennial championship! 

9 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Turners beard needs to grow at least another 5 inches first. 

beard1.jpg?quality=90&strip=all
:-P

:-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

http://www.businessinsider.com/politics-sports-you-like-2013-3

look at the chart.  Golf fans even more right than Nascar.  Would you agree that the participants of TST would conform to this chart? 

I think it would be hard for somebody on the Men's tennis side of the chart to feel they fit in with a group all the way over to the extreme of PGA Tour fans, even if the conversation was just about mechanics.   Not that people say political comments on here, but between the lines.....maybe you can feel it.   

I was a very active participant in "The Dirt" forum, then I quit golf for about 4 years when I moved my mother out of assisted living into a new large house we bought.  She's still alive, almost 2 years on hospice.  She'll out live me.  Now I'm back to golf like a greyhound been caged up.  I learned a lot about golf forums there. 

I think to know something, you have to learn one, do one, and teach one.  The process of explaining something as If I'm teaching is beneficial to me, and when someone attacks that, fine, then I really learn it. I have to fight not taking that personal, especially when the attacker is wrong. 

What I don't appreciate is ad hominem attacks.  I have that tendency to take things personal, and it reflects my insecurity, increases the feeling I don't fit in.  Luckily, we have more money than we'll  ever spend, and live in a nice house, great wife who understands golf addiction, and after ignoring the nonsense people say, and focusing on the amazing explosion of stuff on YouTube, I forget all about it. 

I get pissed, I do 5 minutes of golf drills, break a sweat,  feel better. 

14 minutes ago, Secretmove said:

look at the chart.  Golf fans even more right than Nascar.  Would you agree that the participants of TST would conform to this chart? 

I think it would be hard for somebody on the Men's tennis side of the chart to feel they fit in with a group all the way over to the extreme of PGA Tour fans, even if the conversation was just about mechanics.   Not that people say political comments on here, but between the lines.....maybe you can feel it.   

I was a very active participant in "The Dirt" forum, then I quit golf for about 4 years when I moved my mother out of assisted living into a new large house we bought.  She's still alive, almost 2 years on hospice.  She'll out live me.  Now I'm back to golf like a greyhound been caged up.  I learned a lot about golf forums there. 

I think to know something, you have to learn one, do one, and teach one.  The process of explaining something as If I'm teaching is beneficial to me, and when someone attacks that, fine, then I really learn it. I have to fight not taking that personal, especially when the attacker is wrong. 

What I don't appreciate is ad hominem attacks.  I have that tendency to take things personal, and it reflects my insecurity, increases the feeling I don't fit in.  Luckily, we have more money than we'll  ever spend, and live in a nice house, great wife who understands golf addiction, and after ignoring the nonsense people say, and focusing on the amazing explosion of stuff on YouTube, I forget all about it. 

This site used to allow political discussions, but not any more because of some of the extreme views that seemed to pop up.

Interesting chart. . .

I guess it makes sense that high school sports lean more right, most of the people I knew who kept up with their kid's sports were right leaning. Boy, talk about "Tiger Dad's". A lot of shouting and shoving. :-P

Also, I noticed that "Monster Trucks" seems to have a democratic lean. :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

17 minutes ago, Secretmove said:

The chart looks like a group's opinion based on their stereotypes and I would like to see how they gathered their data.  Of course PGA followers would have to skew Republican because of all the private club members, but try getting on a muni or county course on a weekend.  College football skews Republican?  Is that because it is so popular in the Southeast?  Ever been to a Michigan - Ohio State game?  And of course the WNBA is all the way left because of the support it receives from lesbians.  I am not buying the chart's findings.

11 minutes ago, NJpatbee said:

The chart looks like a group's opinion based on their stereotypes and I would like to see how they gathered their data.  Of course PGA followers would have to skew Republican because of all the private club members, but try getting on a muni or county course on a weekend.  College football skews Republican?  Is that because it is so popular in the Southeast?  Ever been to a Michigan - Ohio State game?  And of course the WNBA is all the way left because of the support it receives from lesbians.  I am not buying the chart's findings.

Speaking of stereotyping? Soccer (football) is on the left as well, and don't forget "Monster Trucks". . . :-D

This site tends to be more moderate than most, and Golfwrx doesn't allow any political leanings. . .

Edited by Lihu

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• Administrator

Tread carefully please.

:offtopic:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, Groucho Valentine said:

See what i mean. Look at this fools words. 

And THIS fool!!

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Note: This thread is 2291 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!