IGNORED

Hello from Huntsville AL

Thomasredstone
Note: This thread is 2292 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Greetings to the group...thanks for the chance to share/discuss this fabulous game...I'm just now seriously getting back into the game after being out for many yrs and 1) suprised at how rusty the old swing is and 2) how much the balls and drivers have changed. 

My background....started playing both golf and baseball at about 6 yrs old...played in the same junior golf program/league that Cory Pavin was in (he was lightyears ahead of the rest of us)...kept up with both on high school teams...then only hardball into college (early 80's) for lack of a golf team. Picked up the game in ernest in the early-mid 90's time frame...worked dilligently on the swing and got down around a 4.8 hc...got to a point where I could no longer aford the time/cost...since then only played a couple times/yr. 

Been out a half a dozen times in the past few months...best calculated hc is just under 10 but coming down...hopefully ;)   I find I can get to a point where my striking is good in the garage then when I get to the course everything is gone...its like I've never played before...well almost...I have been surprised that with all the duffs hit there have been some remarkable shots....250 yd slow rising 4 wood draw...makes my heart sing! (yep...its my dads old persimmon wood).  Still playing my hogan blades I bought new in 88' and a driver I assembled in mid 90's consisting of  a Dynacraft cobra clone head with a SWIX shaft....or my dads old persimmon driver....been thinking about trying a new driver but will have to save up a bit for that I think.....oh....back in the day there was no such thing, that I remember, about being "fitted" for clubs and certainly not balls....so maybe its time to consider a proper fitting...I have been amazed at the emphasis on driving length these days and the new driver market...length was never my problem...was always one of the longer hitters on my team....maybe it was due to hitting the Top Flights I could afford to play and not my swing!

Been facinated with the threads on here about swinging slowly then going up from there...never tried that...time too! Also the emphasis on a deliberate practice regimine...thats great....quite anxious to give it a serious go....wish I had these concepts back in school...

I have setup a net in the garage and try to swing every day or so...taking lots of videos...would like to post a couple but cant figure out how to upload them from my android phone. I would value any and all comments, as I'm sure there are lots to work on...

Thanks again for the forum...and the terrific instruction...

Tom

Note: This thread is 2292 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!