IGNORED

carry stand bag vs cartbag on buggy

Note: This thread is 5950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. what is the best type of bag for the course(especially a hilly one like mine)?

• stand bag
    • Cart Bag
    • not fussed

I use a Callaway Weekend Org 14 bag. Great bag. It has alot of pockets to hold almost everything I can think of bringing out with me... including a 6 pack in the cooler pocket!!!

I have a stand bag but it was just too small.

Driver: Callaway Hyper X 11°
3 Wood: Callaway FTi Square 15°
3 Iron-PW: Callaway X-22
SW: Callaway X-Wedge 56
Gap: Warrior 52Lob: Warrior 60Putters: Old "Made in China" Blade -?Ti7?Bag: Callaway Weekender Org 14 cart bag -Holds 12 beers-Ball: Callaway WarbirdBall Retriever: Golf...

I have the Sun Mountain MPB bag, wonderful bag, it is a little heavier then your regular carry bag, but it has more features and the criss-crossing shoulder straps. Also has 14 full lenth dividers so I can keep my clubs from clanking around too badly. I usually use a push cart, and this fits in it really well. Gives me the option to carry if I get to the course and have forgotten the cart at home.

Classic 290 10.5 Miyazaki C. Kua 43 R

AMP 15 Aldila RIP F

Baffler Rail H 17 & 22 Fujikura Motore S

S2 Forged 5-GW Nippon NS Pro 900xh R

SM 54 & 58 Vokey Nippon 105T W

Studio Style Newport 1.5

• 1 month later...
i like stand bags. they fit on carts, and i only take a cart when the weather is bad or i play with other people so i need a stand/carry bag

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

I just bought the Sun Mountain MPB and like it for a stand bag.

It does not fit on my clicgear push cart as good as I like.

The foot that extends the legs gets in the way when I set it on
the push cart.

If anyone knows a solution to this let me know.

I can carry it for nine holes without any trouble too.

There are two things you can do with your head down - play golf and pray. ~Lee TrevinoI Like Photography Too

My new Ogio Grom stand bag should be here on Monday and I will put it on my new Clicgear 2.0 push cart. Now I just need new irons and a new game since mine is floundering!

in my grom stand bag:

Driver: HiBore 9.5* fujikura stiff
3w: HiBore 15* fujikura stiff
2i hybrid: HiBore fujikura stiff3-sw: MP-57 +1/2 2* up stiff steelPutter: 2ball SRT 36"GPS: SG3 Sky caddieCart:Clicgear 2.0Home Course: Lake Spanaway http://www.lakespanawaygc.com

If you always ride in a cart, I prefer a staff bag for a few reasons.

-Clubs go in and out much smoother because it's roomy.
-The tour staff bag provides more overall protection to your gear, hence why the pro's use them.
-Finally you have more room to store stuff vs a stand bag.

I've had both, and if you want durability that lasts a long time and you are going to ride, go with a cart bag. Otherwise, if you walk, get the stand bag.

In my SX76 StaDry
Woods: G15 9.0° BB Stiff, G10 14°
Hybrids: i15 20°, Rapture 24°
Irons: AP2 5-PW
Wedges: SM Vokey 51°, 56°, 60° Putter: Circa '62 No. 2 (Gun Metal Blue) Ball: ProV1

• 2 weeks later...
My first bag was a stand model that always twisted on my pull cart so I've been using cart bags since with no fatigue problems. There are a few lightweight cart bag options, if weight is going to be an issue, but they are quite spartan. I use a Sun Mountain C-130 on a Clicgear 2.0 cart. Definitely not a lightweight set-up but it rolls beautifully and carries more than anyone could need on a golf course.

• 1 month later...
Note: This thread is 5950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!