IGNORED

putting tip that will help every one

Note:Β This thread is 5939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it boozy time in the Outback? cause seriously dude you just drove me to drink, don't care about curved putting strokes, now I want to know what "tear up tiger" means. Patiently drinking myself into a stupor, anxiously awaiting your reply, if the first few weren't top notch, what follows should be classic.

it was on the i tried getting the link but its not up any more i also hav another putting tip that i had huge success with. i was having trouble getting the putter head square so i drew a line on my ball to line up my by put but also drew another line at the end of it going horizontal so it was like a T so i line my putter face to taht line and it helped alot. couldnt miss a putt

Couldn't miss a putt, ey? I think I need to see you about my putting and take some lessons!!!
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

Scratch all this...the best way to putt is to take that putter...shine it up real nice...turn it sideways...and...

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

I'd just like to point out to tiger_who, that nobody has yet said that putting with a curved stroke is 'crap'. Your tip was 'crap'. In that not everyone is going to have the best success with a curved stroke.
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

• Administrator
I'd just like to point out to tiger_who, that nobody has yet said that putting with a curved stroke is 'crap'. Your tip was 'crap'. In that not everyone is going to have the best success with a curved stroke.

No, but Dean Thompson will tell you that virtually every Tour pro uses an arc stroke. Virtually nobody uses a true straight back/straight through stroke. It requires too much manipulation of the wrists.

I watched a guy at the PGA Merchandise Show insist he was a square-to-square putter. Instead, of the five arc strokes Dean has available on his Z-Factor Putting machine, this guy was right in the middle. When Dean finally gave him a square-to-square stroke as a demonstration, he immediately hated it. A lot of people think they're square-to-square, but they're (probably) not.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No, but Dean Thompson will tell you that virtually every Tour pro uses an arc stroke. Virtually nobody uses a true straight back/straight through stroke. It requires too much manipulation of the wrists.

This is actually more to the point about the facts of the stroke. The square to square or arc is more of a mental image than it is a physical stroke. I

think of my putting stroke as square to square, but I know that the physical reality is that it has a definite arc. But I don't really care. When these discussions come up, I say I use the square method, because that's how I see it in my head. If someone else sees the arc method, then that 's fine too. What actually matters is that the putter face is square to the line when it contacts the ball. If you can make that happen consistently, then how it gets there or what you think you are doing isn't important. Note to tiger_who: One round with 3 birdies doesn't make you the next Ben Crenshaw. Do it for a season, 2 seasons, averaging at most about 30 putts per round. Then maybe people will take you more seriously.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Note to tiger_who: One round with 3 birdies doesn't make you the next Ben Crenshaw. Do it for a season, 2 seasons, averaging at most about 30 putts per round. Then maybe people will take you more seriously.

i average 29.4 putts around in the past 6 months. my tips is not crap

Great tip works well with my curved drives and iron shots. Gotta love those bannas. Now i can hit bannana putts. thanks buddy.
whats in my bag
Driver: Superquad 8.5 LOVE THIS CLUB
woods: R7 TP 3 wood
Hybrids: Burner 3
Irons: XD BurnersWedges:Vokey Spin Milled 56Putter: G5 ZINGBall:TP Black

i average 29.4 putts around in the past 6 months. my tips is not crap

I have to tell you... you are the first 14 handicap I ever met who averaged less than 30 putts per round....

Rick

Rick, we know he's full of it now, because amazingly the last 6 month's average came in just under your target of 30 putts per round. But, he forgot that he told us in his very first post that he just changed to an arc style putting -- so, if he really was averaging 29.4 (ha ha ha ha ha), he was doing it with his old straight back straight through! He shouldn't switch if he's doing that well!

Yeah... that sort of performance would put him at 73rd on the PGA tour putting list, ahead of such hacks as Jim Furyk, Mark O'Meara, Steve Stricker, etc.

I looked for tiger_who on the list, but I guess he must be taking this season off.

Rick

I think there are two putting games. One is the long putt which is clearly arced. It is probably impossible to be square to square on a long putt and still maintain the speed control, but who knows. The other game is the short putt, say 4 feet or less to the the hole. Here, the key is a short backstroke almost if not perfectly on line and then send the putter head to the hole on line. I think its close to square back and through. I think the short putts are much more make-able with a short square to square to the hole stroke. Peltz I think, puts the short putt limit at 8 feet, but I think thats well into the long putt stroke realm.

• Administrator
Yeah... that sort of performance would put him at 73rd on the PGA tour putting list, ahead of such hacks as Jim Furyk, Mark O'Meara, Steve Stricker, etc.

To be fair, oftentimes a worse player will still have a similar number of putts per round as a pro because their putts are from much closer. They don't have 50-foot eagle putts or 25 foot birdie putts all day - just 10-foot par and bogey putts.

My average last year was at or just under 30, but that's partly because I only took about 1.4 to 1.5 putts when I missed greens. If I miss all 18 @ the 1.5 rate, that's 27 putts. The greens I do hit I average about 1.8 putts. Pretty easy to get down to 30 or lower.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

To be fair, oftentimes a worse player will still have a similar number of putts per round as a pro because their putts are from much closer. They don't have 50-foot eagle putts or 25 foot birdie putts all day - just 10-foot par and bogey putts.

But keep in mind, you are also a 2.7 handicap. Most 14 cappers miss greens and still don't chip close enough to 1 putt on a consistent basis. I'm a 13.2 and I average just under 34 putts per round. I too miss a lot of greens, and I have decent, if not spectacular, short game. I rarely 3 putt. I have had rounds where my short game/putting stats were spectacular (11 putts for 10 holes), but that is definitely the exception.

If I only kept stats for the best 75% of my rounds, I think I could get my number down to around 30 PPR.

Rick

iv been using a curved putting stroke for over 6 months i change to a straight back and forth putting stroke to experiment and it didnt work so that y i changed back to a curved putting stroke. i am an awesome putter my biggest problem is i miss alot of greens my short game is average but still pretty good tog et my out of trouble. my coach says i should b off single figurs and every one i played with on the weekend didnt belive i was off 14 so if u think im so shit i wanna play a matchplay round with you and give me no extra stokes ill wop you i also hit my 12 degree diver 260m cant wait till i get my 9.5

Note:Β This thread is 5939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!