IGNORED

Is the Hybrid on its return ?

Note: This thread is 2188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I like hybrids so much I purchased a set of Cleveland HB Launchers. YouTube Mark Crossfield's review and you'll see why. All my irons, 4 to Gap are based on a hybrid design. I've played a number of rounds with the new clubs and love them, longer, nice ball flight and most important 'consistent' in length. Most players may not like the look but I get a sense of confidence with them, especially the longer irons.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/24/2018 at 9:51 AM, Gerald said:

I am not an 18 ..... maybe I am a 54 now, but I used to play from 5.7 so I know how to play (not like these animals) ....... and I have a 2H that I only use from the tee at long par 3's or narrow par 4's ..... my 3W goes as long as most players drivers, my driver .... balls go out of sight, mostly ending in the woods or on another fairway -;)

And yet your HI on your signature says "18". And if your Drivers go into the woods or other fairways, that could explain why you're an 18. When I reached a certain age, about the age you are now, I noticed that I couldn't get my 2 iron much above the height of the gutters on a one story house! That led to the purchase of my first hybrid. I immediately got more height and accuracy. Maybe I got lucky.

Then, as time went on, more hybrids crept into my bag. Nowadays I don't carry an iron longer than a 6! They've improved my game. Give them a chance.

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 4/25/2018 at 1:40 PM, rehmwa said:

4 clubs for a 45 yard gap around 200.....  Looks like an opportunity to maybe drop one and add a wedge???

Edit:  it's not really a bad thing, I have 6i to 2h at 175-235.....4 clubs also.  but I wonder it that resolution at long range is worth the gapping...

Just picked up my Rogue hybrids today - looking forward to playing them....3h and 5h replace my older 2h/4h nikes....

I am all wedged up, no need for more.  The tight gaps let me hit greens from from those distances (or try and hit greens).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!