IGNORED

My Swing (jvasqu01)

Jvasqu01
Note: This thread is 2173 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi all. Been noticing that my hands get away from my body quite at bit at impact vs. at adress. Also don't seem to get in a good position at the top. In the video you'll notice I'm working to eliminate early extension by keeping my butt back. 

Thanks!

I've been Playing Golf for: 17 years 
My current handicap index or average score is: avg is 90
My typical ball flight is: left or right
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: fat or thin shots 

Videos: 

@Jvasqu01, please embed your videos, thanks.

https://thesandtrap.com/how-to/embed-videos/

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, Jvasqu01 said:

Hi @billchao

I did embed the videos. I pasted the link from YouTube as described. They are not working?

Thanks

Julian 

They are now that I fixed it. Maybe you forgot to remove the formatting when you copied the URL.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

23 minutes ago, billchao said:

They are now that I fixed it. Maybe you forgot to remove the formatting when you copied the URL.

Then I appreciate your help! My first post. Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Jvasqu01 said:

Then I appreciate your help! My first post. Thanks. 

Happy to help, and welcome to TST!

You have a pretty good backswing, but you transition steep and then you throw everything out and end up shallowing late and swinging too far right.

Here's a good thread I think might help: 

As well as another that shows you're not alone:

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

It looks to me like your head is a couple of inches further behind the ball (to your right) at impact than it is at address when viewed face on which won't be helping with thin/fat shots.

Check out this thread about a centred pivot, this will help keep you centred over the ball, which I believe should help eliminate those misses.

Edited by keeps21

46 minutes ago, keeps21 said:

It looks to me like your head is a couple of inches further behind the ball (to your right) at impact than it is at address when viewed face on which won't be helping with thin/fat shots.

Check out this thread about a centred pivot, this will help keep you centred over the ball, which I believe should help eliminate those misses.

I had never heard about a centered pivot. I'd been trying to get my weight back and it does look like my head/weight doesn't fully come back to the starting point at adress. 

I guess it's one more thing on top of the steep downswing, bringing the club too much inside on the backswing and early extension that I have to adress.

I forget sometimes why I even play this game! 🙂 

2 hours ago, Jvasqu01 said:

I had never heard about a centered pivot. I'd been trying to get my weight back and it does look like my head/weight doesn't fully come back to the starting point at adress. 

I guess it's one more thing on top of the steep downswing, bringing the club too much inside on the backswing and early extension that I have to adress.

I forget sometimes why I even play this game! 🙂 

I wouldn't worry about your head movement. It's still relatively steady and certainly not your biggest priority. Your pivot is fairly centered already.

That steep transition and then hard shallowing is going to affect the bottom of your arc, depending on the varying rates of one part vs another from swing to swing. That will cause fat and thin misses.

Bill

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 2173 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!