IGNORED

Closed Courses You Formerly Played

Michigan has been hit particularly hard.  The area I grew up in, in SE Mi. has lost several very nice private clubs and munis.  

Its honestly getting worse every year.  

I live in northern Mi now and it seems like every year we have less and less to play.  The issue up here is a major decline in year round population and frankly a decline state wide in golfers.  Id like to think its the bubble bursting from when golf went hollywood in the early 2000s but some of the courses this state has lost were 100 years old and irreplaceable.  

Bottom line...Golf is in decline and it breaks my heart 

• 1 year later...

I've never played this course but from the article to me it seems people did want to play it so I am guessing simply the sale of land is more profitable than keeping the course open.  Any one here play this course?  It reads like it went down hill the last couple of years and given the resurgence of golf after the pandemic I would expect it had traffic but not reinvesting into the course with expectation of selling.

"I know there are people who want it to remain a golf course," said a realtor. And it still could be.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades