IGNORED

12 HS players DQ’d from Tournament

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 2167 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
49 minutes ago, Nwehrman said:

It’s the words of 20 or so people that were at the event against a few people in this post that weren’t.

That’s inaccurate at best.

49 minutes ago, Nwehrman said:

If it was a rules official I stand by everything I’ve said. If it wasn’t, they made the correct decision although it is still an unfortunate situation for the kids. 

Many of us have said the same thing repeatedly, and the fact that they were DQed is one of the main things in support of the fact that it was not a Rules official. 

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 5/26/2018 at 10:00 AM, Fourputt said:

From the tenor of your comments, it seems as if you'd gone along with it if they just ignored the whole situation and let those 3 groups just go on having played that one hole from 30 yards shorter than the rest of the field.

I'll just note that I acknowledge this as a really crappy strawman comment.  You can make your case just fine without misrepresenting others

particularly when you pretty much sum up my position a couple moments later with this

I don't think that anyone is unsympathetic to the young players in this case, as it was a cascade of mistakes by adults which led up to the end result, but as per the rules, the player is ultimately responsible for playing by the rules and by the conditions of the competition.  

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

Late to the party here but a couple thoughts: shouldn't the team whose coach gave 12 members of other teams false instructions also be DQ? Also if said coach realized/thought the blue tees should have been at that spot why didn't he change them himself? Too lazy to walk 40 yards? This coach shoulders the majority of blame IMO.

Driver: Ping K15 10°, Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 63g Stiff
Fairway 4-wood: TaylorMade RocketBallz Tour TP 17.5°, Matrix Ozik TP7HD S shaft

Hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 3H-4H, Aldila DVS Stiff
Irons: MIURA PP-9003, Dynamic Gold Superlite S300, Sand Wedge: Scratch 8620 56°
Putter: Nike Method Concept Belly 44"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330-S

• Administrator

@JerseyThursday, coaches are outside agencies. The players are ultimately responsible.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

@JerseyThursday, coaches are outside agencies. The players are ultimately responsible.

I know that but it really doesn't answer my questions.

Driver: Ping K15 10°, Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 63g Stiff
Fairway 4-wood: TaylorMade RocketBallz Tour TP 17.5°, Matrix Ozik TP7HD S shaft

Hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 3H-4H, Aldila DVS Stiff
Irons: MIURA PP-9003, Dynamic Gold Superlite S300, Sand Wedge: Scratch 8620 56°
Putter: Nike Method Concept Belly 44"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330-S

• Administrator

Sure it does.

• You can’t “DQ” a coach.
  • Coaches have no authority to move the tee markers.

So what is left?

P.S. Your last post, @JerseyThursday, was deleted for poor formatting. Just quote and respond, please, if you can't edit.

But to answer your questions once again…

• You can't DQ the team because a coach does something.
  • He had no authority to tell the players where to hit from, no. That's why the players themselves were DQed.

This isn't complex. The players are ultimately responsible to follow the rules. The coaches aren't playing, and can't be DQed.

11 hours ago, JerseyThursday said:

I know that but it really doesn't answer my questions.

If you want to hold he coach responsible for anything, then it's just that he failed to get the correct officials involved.  (nor did he train his own players to do the same).  (of course, neither did the other coaches).

but it still doesn't give the players any relief from their own mistakes or consequences.  It's just another piece of the puzzle.

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 2167 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!